Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 650 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 6497
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Better to be involved in a complex, detailed discussion while we wait, instead of just spamming posts about wanting more info. There's nothing else to do while we wait for more info about Komodo. This is a forum after all, not a news outlet, and arguments and discussions occur and should occur. It's the whole point of a forum.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    Yes this footage reposting is out of control. I had to put him on my ignore list.
    +1.

Senior Member Bérenger Brillante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    Yes this footage reposting is out of control. I had to put him on my ignore list.
    We can do that? I feel my reduser will be so much cleaner in the next few days.
    Bérenger B. Brillante
    --Director Showreel--

Here's some update because we are restless.

Maybe posted before, but supposedly from "Let Them Talk".

Not sure if Komodo was used as second unit, but if that's a Komodo, we can use regular Red monitors on it and have the same interface.

"Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Here's some update because we are restless.

Maybe posted before, but supposedly from "Let Them Talk".

Not sure if Komodo was used as second unit, but if that's a Komodo, we can use regular Red monitors on it and have the same interface.
    (I cut the pictures to not repeat them and make the page unreadable for some viewers^^)

If SO, I one step closer to being onboard with KOMODO. But again, I could not believe it to be different. Maybe there will be some sort of Komodo to DSMC2 adapter cable tho.

Fun fact : after your post I tried searching a bit for set pictures and came accros a 2013 picture where we can clearly see that Soderbergh has a personal customized RED Camera :p
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    (I cut the pictures to not repeat them and make the page unreadable for some viewers^^)
    their loss

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    If SO, I one step closer to being onboard with KOMODO. But again, I could not believe it to be different. Maybe there will be some sort of Komodo to DSMC2 adapter cable tho.
    I was figuring that Red made some cut down version of settings on the Komodo, similar to the ZCam having clear buttons on top. Like using the sidekick on the DSMC2 instead of display-based settings.
    But if this image is from him using a Komodo, it definitely shows that Komodo will be within the same interface and software infrastructure as the rest of the Red family, which is a good thing. It further strengthens the idea that Komodo uses R3D and that we might be able to do all the same kind of things as on regular DSMC2's, like frame guides and the powerful Gio-scopes. That makes the camera quite powerful compared to the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    their loss

I was figuring that Red made some cut down version of settings on the Komodo, similar to the ZCam having clear buttons on top. Like using the sidekick on the DSMC2 instead of display-based settings.
    But if this image is from him using a Komodo, it definitely shows that Komodo will be within the same interface and software infrastructure as the rest of the Red family, which is a good thing. It further strengthens the idea that Komodo uses R3D and that we might be able to do all the same kind of things as on regular DSMC2's, like frame guides and the powerful Gio-scopes. That makes the camera quite powerful compared to the competition.
    By the way, something just clicked in my head : IF the sensor is Full Frame, that mean we will be able to use one of the Kipon 'Baveyes' Focal Reducer lens adapter to use with Mamiya645 lenses or Hassblad's ! (those adapters do the same thing a speedbooster to for using FF lenses on S35 : it will reduce the medium format image circle to the full frame of the sensor... And I really love what I've seen with that on Sony cameras and Mamiya 645 lenses !)

EDIT : it would obviously work if the sensor is S35 BUT it won't have the same effect. :p
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

100 pages of dribble about nothing. If you have something, SHOW IT..otherwise just ...
    What is it, buying time? Chinese are coming and a big way, cheap way and fast way. So hold on to your hats boys, things will get crazy and fast next 2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Jiri Vrozina View Post
    100 pages of dribble about nothing. If you have something, SHOW IT..otherwise just ...
    What is it, buying time? Chinese are coming and a big way, cheap way and fast way. So hold on to your hats boys, things will get crazy and fast next 2 years...
    If you go into your forum profile settings you can increase number of displayed posts per page. Then you only have 26 pages to complain about.

With the release of the Sandisk CFExpress cards, any new thoughts on this? I get it if you stay with CFast... The R&D has already been spent. But it'd sure be nice to be spending money on media I can use for many years with this little guy and others into the future. CFast is on its way out it seems

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/09/...express-media/
    Trevor Meier :: Story & Image
    http://trevormeier.com/
    http://storyspark.ca/

GEMINI #09
    Epic-W, Raven, Epic Dragon
    Proud owner since Red One #182