Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 456 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 4560
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    I like this.... a lot. Brent?
    I am not famous, just a crazy red-shooter :-)

I would like to test the camera in the mountains.
    Norbert Niederacher
    Weapon MG, Schneider Xenon Primes, Angenieux EZ1 + EZ2

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Sun View Post
    So I don't really post that much but have been following this thread since it's inception as I'm a Hydrogen owner that was hoping for a camera module. Komodo seems to be a great concept with it's tiny size which lends itself to gimbal and drone work.

Which got me thinking if the Hydrogen integration will be something along the lines of the Sony Venice with the new Sony Xperia X1 phone, where the setup allows for wireless control of the system. I'm aware that Jarred dismissed the idea of a wireless connection earlier but the body seems to lack a cradle, implying that it may be an external module that runs a proprietary signal to the "antenna" section. The pogo array may be a more robust connection for on camera touch use (perhaps drawing power from the Komodo) to run in bright mode for daylight operation. And when running just by itself, the phone could allow for setting changes (assuming the use of a Teradek or something similar for monitoring) in the event the camera is in flight, on a car, on a gimbal etc. Kind of like a virtual version of the Arri WCU.

Regardless, I'm excited to see what Red brings to the table but they definitely have their work cut out for them in the price space. Speaking for myself, my disappointing experience with the Hydrogen as a daily driver phone makes me wary in some ways but I'm optimistic that the Komodo will allow Red to do what it does best (Make highly adaptable professional grade cameras with great post options and image quality) and make it accessible to the prosumer market. Can't wait to give the camera a go whenever I get an opportunity to try one.
    You can control Komodo wirelessly from any phone ( in fact that was actually the only way to control the first komodo prototypes) , but you can not wirelessly monitor ( i.e. watch a video feed ) from your hydrogen or any other phone. I know thats been a thing that was miss-communicated with the Hydrogen many times.... but it was never a real thing .

I also like this.... a lot. Brent?
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

Jarek Zabczynski
    Director / Editor / Cinematographer

Weapon 8K | www.jarek.com | WE'LL BE ALRIGHT (Music Video) | BAJO EL SOL (Music Video)

You can control Komodo wirelessly from any phone ( in fact that was actually the only way to control the first komodo prototypes) , but you can not wirelessly monitor ( i.e. watch a video feed ) from your hydrogen or any other phone. I know thats been a thing that was miss-communicated with the Hydrogen many times.... but it was never a real thing .
    I never expected Hydrogen to provide wireless monitoring for DSMC2, but I did expect it to work as a wired monitor. I'm hoping that, at least for me personally, Komodo will make up for some of Hydrogen's shortfalls.

Jarred-

Thank you for clarifying that. Shame about that but fascinating that you built phone integration in at such an early stage. Sounds like both weight and volume were a huge priority in development. Very cool for flexibility.

Likely something to do with those little shiny gold pins on the top of the camera....

Thinking some more about the 2 larger gold pins in this pic. They don't have corresponding pins on the Hydrogen. Originally I thought they might be 12V output for other accessories, but perhaps they are 12V input to power the Komodo. If that is the case then we have one connector on the top of the camera that provides:

1. Solid enough mounting point to hang the camera and a smallish lens off.
    2. 12V input so we can power the camera.
    3. Video output.
    4. Camera control.
    5. ??? (Something Jarred can't tell us about). Raw data maybe, so we can record Raw externally?

If I am correct, this would be fantastic for gimbals, drones, cranes, etc. No wires, just bolt on the camera with four 1/4-20s and you are ready to roll.

Have there been any hints about the weight yet?

Please send one to my home in Indonesia (where the Komodo island is located!) I,ll torture test that camera in the hot and humid tropical climate with no mercy!!! Brent?
    SCARLET-W #004760

I’d love to stress test a Komodo in the cold here in Norway! I have a Hydro TI :)

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    You have already seen images from Komodo... you just don't know it ;)
    People think the Komodo dragon is shot on Komodo, but it seems that it was shot on Helium.
    My bet is that these are shot on Komodo: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2blMcEgvfl/
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    I'd like to shoot some Stockholm footage with it
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600