Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 501 of 650 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 6498
  1. #5001  
    Senior Member Ty Maier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Daust View Post
    any suggestions ?
    Wishful thinking says an order link for one of these crazy colored Komodo’s or a 15min RU Zoom Q&A with Jarred. But honestly I’d be satisfied with another teaser image lol
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #5002  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    #5000. I win a Komodo! (thinking positively) Seriously, this camera is going to be something pretty special.
    too early .. 6K for 6K, right? also you didn't leave Jarred with a chance to do post #5000 :P
    Last edited by Simon Becker; 05-23-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #5003  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    238
    Congrats Bob!! :) Question: when Jarred says that native RF lens support won't be supported initially, you folks think that means that RF glass likely won't have iris control or stabilization until a future firmware update?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #5004  
    Senior Member Bob Gundu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    10,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Beardsley View Post
    Congrats Bob!! :) Question: when Jarred says that native RF lens support won't be supported initially, you folks think that means that RF glass likely won't have iris control or stabilization until a future firmware update?
    Maybe he meant autofocus???
    ___________________________

    VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5005  
    Moderator Phil Holland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    11,885
    One thing I'll be super freaky keen on looking at with Komodo is currently there are only 11 RF lenses, with a slow moving large wave of RF glass incoming from Canon and soon to be announced at least 1 or 2 other players.
    There are some great new lenses in the lineup too that I like, but you guys know I'll be looking at using a lot of different glass. Sigma will make their announcement soon-ish, I'm hoping Zeiss will follow with something along the lines of Batis for RF.

    However, EF iris and (if it's ready) focus control via the adapters is high on my mind.

    Truthfully I'll likely be using a lot of manual glass early on like PL and various other mounts, but for instance I want iris control over my Otus primes to work well.

    Certain the engineers have been cranking away at how to get everything moving for sure.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles
    ________________________________
    phfx.com IMDB
    PHFX | tools

    2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

    Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5006  
    Senior Member Rakesh Malik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    927
    I'm starting to eye some RF lenses myself... it would be great for building a travel camera kit around a Komodo. The Sigma ART lenses are beautiful, but bulky... I'm hoping for a bit less bulk in RF lenses (eventually) so that I can shrink my kit down a bit for trekking. :)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #5007  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    One thing I'll be super freaky keen on looking at with Komodo is currently there are only 11 RF lenses, with a slow moving large wave of RF glass incoming from Canon and soon to be announced at least 1 or 2 other players.
    There are some great new lenses in the lineup too that I like, but you guys know I'll be looking at using a lot of different glass. Sigma will make their announcement soon-ish, I'm hoping Zeiss will follow with something along the lines of Batis for RF.

    However, EF iris and (if it's ready) focus control via the adapters is high on my mind.

    Truthfully I'll likely be using a lot of manual glass early on like PL and various other mounts, but for instance I want iris control over my Otus primes to work well.

    Certain the engineers have been cranking away at how to get everything moving for sure.
    Bit of a waste using RF Full Frame on S35. Far better option is Speedbooster with other Mount. Personally Zeiss ZF would be nice with Speedbooster.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #5008  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Yerevan
    Posts
    8
    When someone of you will buy and get on hands a custom Komodo, please make full or quick video review and show some video samples.

    Thanks
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #5009  
    Moderator Phil Holland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    11,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiri Vrozina View Post
    Bit of a waste using RF Full Frame on S35. Far better option is Speedbooster with other Mount. Personally Zeiss ZF would be nice with Speedbooster.
    I don't think I'd define that as a waste. I'll be using Speedboosters as well, but they aren't the miracle many hold them to. You gain your stop and FOV, but you still add optics into the mix with lesser edge performance and more distortion and often more vignetting. And remember with larger format glass you get less vignetting as well as the smallest package ideally with native RF glass. Especially once the pancake lens comes.

    No waste. Just different routes. You'll see me loading up with a SB and Otus early on.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles
    ________________________________
    phfx.com IMDB
    PHFX | tools

    2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

    Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #5010  
    Senior Member Bastien Tribalat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cannes area, France
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    I don't think I'd define that as a waste. I'll be using Speedboosters as well, but they aren't the miracle many hold them to. You gain your stop and FOV, but you still add optics into the mix with lesser edge performance and more distortion and often more vignetting. And remember with larger format glass you get less vignetting as well as the smallest package ideally with native RF glass. Especially once the pancake lens comes.

    No waste. Just different routes. You'll see me loading up with a SB and Otus early on.
    Personally, if/when I'm able to buy a Komodo, the first thing I wanna try on it lense-wise are some old Nikon fully manual glass (with a passive none speedbooster anything adapter). I have an old nikkor 50mm f/1.4 Made In Japan from the 80s I believe and it's a lovely lense !

    Oh and IF/WHEN blablabla I'd also like for Sigma to release native RF-Mount Sigma ART lenses. (maybe in the same size that the ones they are working on for the Sigma FP)
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts