Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 457 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    So that's a 35mm Cron (says T2) which has an image circle of 36mm so the sensor isn't full frame, but could be between S35 and FF - perhaps to match Gemini or Helium?

cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paulcurtis View Post
    So that's a 35mm Cron (says T2) which has an image circle of 36mm so the sensor isn't full frame, but could be between S35 and FF - perhaps to match Gemini or Helium?

cheers
    Paul
    Assuming he is shooting 6k FF...j

That is a pretty tight looking frame. Could be windowed in. Unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible.
    DSMC2 Helium #000043 "Violet"

Denton Film, LLC

Love to see a random no name get first crack on one of these....

Or let me see Toia’s footage, always makes me feel good!

One thing of note that hasn't been said yet is it appears that the fans on this thing are significantly bigger than those from DSMC1/2. Looks like maybe double the size?
    It looks like this the right is the exhaust side, so unless there's additional cooling on the top, air likely comes in through the left (which has one less column on it's grill) and blows out the right.

Just in case anybody was curious of what the side looks like when you perspective crop it in Photoshop (don't take this as gospel for shape, it's got a bit of a skew on it still and I just realized the top left corner is different than the bottom left so that's thrown it slightly off as well):

I'm glad to see there's M4 points on the top and bottom, I think a new tactical rib probably will end up being the best way to mount a Teradek bolt to this thing while keeping form and weight as tight as possible.
    Looks like you were right, Phil about there being no AUX-outs being hidden at the top of the back for power.

I'm standing by my belief that the photo of the bare sensor makes it looks like a 36x24 FF 3:2 sensor, but unless this is shooting cropped, the Summicron is some pretty good evidence against that theory.
    It looks like the Atomos is receiving the footage as 2:1 as well. Which if that's the full format, puts this right in the territory of the original Dragon 6K.
    Brandon Veen | Digital Curator at Hedderich's
    Epic-X Dragon #08127 + Fujifilm GFX50R + Leica BLK360

I believe the power connector is made by ODU (not GDU). ODU comes from medical/military world so I expect them to be quite good. Hate to throw shade on Lemo, but I've had too many instances where it seems to get "stuck" and removal is a bear. YMMV.

Cheers - #19

Senior Member Anthony Berenato Jr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen View Post
    I believe the power connector is made by ODU (not GDU). ODU comes from medical/military world so I expect them to be quite good. Hate to throw shade on Lemo, but I've had too many instances where it seems to get "stuck" and removal is a bear. YMMV.

Cheers - #19
    There was a post a long while ago from Jarred on his Facebook that mentioned that every single LEMO connector RED was going to sell would include these new connectors.

https://www.facebook.com/story/graph...c4NTQxNQ%3D%3D
    Anthony Berenato Jr.
    Director / Cinematography Enthusiast
    Web: http://www.anthonyandcamera.com
    Reel: http://vimeo.com/89725163

Weapon Helium 8K #4844

The most impressive thing I've heard so far is that it can take a 6K RAW file and process it into UHD/4K RGB over SDI on the fly internally. Handling the TDP requirements in that tiny box is frakkin' insane.

Cheers - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Berenato Jr View Post
    There was a post a long while ago from Jarred on his Facebook that mentioned that every single LEMO connector RED was going to sell would include these new connectors.
    While they look a lot like LEMOs, AFAIK, ODU is a competitive product - not a LEMO variant.

Cheers - #19

Im super excited about the potential for Komodo. I love having my DSMC2 set up to be as clean and compact as possible with wireless connection for the monitor and EVF. I'm really hoping that Komodo will be able to use existing DSMC2 monitors and EVF with wireless mounting, It would feel like a real shame if such a small compact body was rigged with wires everywhere, It's so nice having a simple clean set up that you can just throw in your backpack ready to shoot.

[IMG]IMG_7599 by TheGrigorian, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]IMG_7190 by TheGrigorian, on Flickr[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by David Grigorian View Post
    Im super excited about the potential for Komodo. I love having my DSMC2 set up to be as clean and compact as possible with wireless connection for the monitor and EVF. I'm really hoping that Komodo will be able to use existing DSMC2 monitors and EVF with wireless mounting, It would feel like a real shame if such a small compact body was rigged with wires everywhere, It's so nice having a simple clean set up that you can just throw in your backpack ready to shoot.

[IMG]IMG_7599 by TheGrigorian, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]IMG_7190 by TheGrigorian, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Thats the goal! Nice setups, would love to have seen an ultra slim battery plate for DSMC2, that coupled with redvolt V for a very small foot print