Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 584 of 609 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594 ... LastLast
Results 5,831 to 5,840 of 6082
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kanes View Post
    Anyone have a link to a Supported Media list ?
    Cfast 2.0

...seriously, the one thing that comes closest to your desired list, was a post on @instajarred, weeks and weeks ago. I'm afraid I can't scroll back that far as I'm not a registered insta user, but I remember a few of the brands that have been tested and found as RED approved. Angelbird, SanDisk, ProGrade, blah. I wouldn't buy cards under 256GB. 512GB to 1TB perform best, according to blah. I'm sure Phil Holland could help you even more, as he's been testing different brands, too, if I remember correctly. I think there should be a seperate thread somewhere in this forum regarding media as well, but I'm too lazy to serve it to you on a silver tray, I'm sooo sorry!
    ...no, really...joke aside...maybe some other time.

edit:
    Ah, I've seen you've been asking about your Lexars already in the right thread. Not sure if they were on the top 5 or 6 brands list.
    Last edited by Thomas B.; 08-10-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kanes View Post
    Anyone have a link to a Supported Media list ?
    What Thomas said above. I only was able to test cards I had here or nearby, I'm sure RED will have a more official list at the end of the day than whatever I can test, perhaps by the time the black bodies ship. There's just too many brands and even variants that I can't realistically do tests on everything short of people sending cards to me and I'm kinda done doing media tests for now as that was like week 1 or 2 for me once my metallic cubic lizardy orange child came into my life.

Most in the world seems to be using Angelbird and ProGrade 256GB and up. You'll want the newer ProGrade cards as there was some sort of version thing somebody uncovered online. I'm on Angelbird cards. RED offers branded Angelbird cards now as well.

Things to avoid for sure, 64GB cards and likely some 128GB cards.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

And I did another one... Just to try something different (I promise I'll stop ^^)
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    SNIP:
    Do you mean Angelbird or other 64/128 cards
    Save the Sharks
    RED Komodo soon. Original Manufacturer of RedOne & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. RED owner since REDONE SN206. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 (send a text first-having to use spam blocker these days) ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

...to avoid 64/128GB cards. (not enough bandwidth?..if I remember correctly)

Smaller cards yielding slower write speeds.

Jarred also mentioned this in the Scott Balkum Live stream. Was kind of like: Go 256 and up and you'll be good...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    What Thomas said above. I only was able to test cards I had here or nearby, I'm sure RED will have a more official list at the end of the day than whatever I can test, perhaps by the time the black bodies ship. There's just too many brands and even variants that I can't realistically do tests on everything short of people sending cards to me and I'm kinda done doing media tests for now as that was like week 1 or 2 for me once my metallic cubic lizardy orange child came into my life.

Most in the world seems to be using Angelbird and ProGrade 256GB and up. You'll want the newer ProGrade cards as there was some sort of version thing somebody uncovered online. I'm on Angelbird cards. RED offers branded Angelbird cards now as well.

Any difference between your Angelbird CFast cards and Arri certified ones? Can i use regular Cfast cards from Angelbird on Arri cameras? or Arri certified ones on Komodo?

Haven't used the Arri branded CFast 2.0 cards, I am told it's just a firmware to make them "authorised" by Arri.
    Regular Angelbird cards work perfectly. I got mine custom engraved but I'd love to sneak a couple of 512GB RED Branded CFast cards as well as a RED CFast Reader in the next shipment from RED!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

I got my Stormtrooper this evening and I have to say any worries I had previously about a soft image have been quelled. The image is sharp, yet cinematic; the colors are amazing and I've barely even had a chance to dive in to any serous grading. The image that comes out of this camera with very little adjustment is beautiful.

Here's a screen grab from my initial messing around. I think the image quality is pretty great considering my Small HD monitor hasn't come yet (focus was just from the tiny on-camera screen), the grading was nothing more than about 30 seconds of curve adjustments in Resolve, and the lighting situation wasn't great.

Otus 55mm. ISO 1600. Redcode HQ.
    Scarlet-W

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Genova View Post
    I got my Stormtrooper this evening and I have to say any worries I had previously about a soft image have been quelled. The image is sharp, yet cinematic; the colors are amazing and I've barely even had a chance to dive in to any serous grading. The image that comes out of this camera with very little adjustment is beautiful.

Here's a screen grab from my initial messing around. I think the image quality is pretty great considering my Small HD monitor hasn't come yet (focus was just from the tiny on-camera screen), the grading was nothing more than about 30 seconds of curve adjustments in Resolve, and the lighting situation wasn't great.

Otus 55mm. ISO 1600. Redcode HQ.
    That looks terrific. Honestly, I wonder if many people apply the grading too thickly. Do what you have to, but no more. IMHO.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)