Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 599 of 650 FirstFirst ... 99499549589595596597598599600601602603609649 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 6497
    Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    Alain,

For $6000 you get the Red Raw Codec, Global Shutter, 16bit color, dynamic range that's slightly less than or approximates that of the Red Helium in a small compact body. Next, you get low latency interoperability with the Red App for damn near all functionality of Komodo plus on-screen touch operation in the camera body. Like Jarred mentioned much earlier in the beginning of this thread, it's in a class by itself.
    It is a no brainer... can't wait to get the normal production batch to order mine... :)
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    RED Komodo

Alain,

Here's hoping the normal production batch is available much soon than later.
    Last edited by rand thompson; 08-31-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Has anyone ran across footage of the Komodo and Leica R lenses?

Sinh,

Here's an earlier video from Matt Devino where a Komodo using a 35mm Leica-R lens was compared to a Blackmagic 6K camera with a Sigma 18-35. You can download the video at the Vimeo Link below.

Vimeo
    https://vimeo.com/442573698

"I don’t own duplicates of any lens, so best I could do was put a 35mm Leica-R on the Komodo, and the Sigma 18-35 on the BMPCC. The Komodo has a bigger sensor, so I had zoom out on the sigma to around 30MM to get the same FOV. Also, the Leica lens is de-clicked, so the two apertures were probably never exactly the same on both lenses, just “close enough”, the very first shot is an indication of this and not an indication that the Komodo has a darker image at the same ISO."

Here are also a few videos by Yale Goodman that use other Leica Lenses.

All tests were at 6k, 17.9
    MQ quality
    800ISO
    180 degree shutter
    Leica 50mm Noctilux.

Just shooting a day out with my dog and her dog friends.
    All filmed with the RED Komodo
    6k 17.9
    24 and 40fps
    180 and 8.2 degree shutters
    Leica 28mm Summicron and Leica 50mm Noctilux

RED Komodo Low light test
    1st clip - 800ISO
    2nd clip - 1600ISO
    3-5 clips labeled

6K 17.9, MQ, Leica 50mm Noctilux

All shot with the RED Komodo
    6K 17.9
    MQ
    24fps
    Leica 28mm Summicron
    Leica 50mm APO-Summicron
    Last edited by rand thompson; 08-30-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Michael,

You can watch all 3 parts in post #130 of the thread below.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...ndles-)/page13
    Yes, thank you for pointing me at a different thread that I don't subscribe to. I even double checked through this thread to make sure that you hadn't already posted it before drawing attention to it. Particularly the timestamp of the part where it takes a tumble from a moving vehicle.

Sorry if this comes across as snarky. I wasn't going to reply, but I've been laughing since I came across the following post (removed formatting and embedded video)

This is kinda controversial but I'll post it. If a moderator deems this a problem just delete the post Viewer Discretion is Advised

My Canon EOS R5 recording 8K video 50 minutes straight

By Andrew Reid

Article showing what he did.
    https://www.eoshd.com/news/this-is-m...ideo-evidence/
    That was on the same page as my prior post referencing that exact article http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...=1#post1908993

We all miss things. I think I spend too much time on RedUser as it is; let alone trying to keep up to every thread. This thread is enormous and takes substantial effort to sift through for useful information. I'm surely guilty of pollution too.

Thousands of entire lifespans worth of time are wasted on all the major social media platforms (Face, Insta, etc) every day! I just spent time replying to something that wasn't entirely worth the time that initial remark took to generate.

Thanks again for the chuckle. I needed to go back and re-watch the first two parts after I watched the third one.

I will bow down to the master of inundating the threads with every video on YT and Vim.

May I suggest starting one dedicated thread for all the Komodo related footage from streaming services to be found in a centralized location instead?

As the word spreads about Komodo, I'm sure we'll see an influx of new prosumers trying to find useful information that can't be answered with a video search.

RED Komodo 6k + DZO Pictor Zoom Test

It's only 7 seconds

By Arcadian Pictures

Moonture X Don2Chon

By Don2Chon

Red Gemini and Komodo

Last edited by rand thompson; 08-31-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Any LQ R3D footage for us to play with? Someone? Phil maybe?
    🧠+👁️+👂🏼+📹=...
    Documentary shaper, "that guy...".
    https://m.imdb.com/name/nm1523882/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Not sure if this was updated in the recent firmware upgrade that's Jarred recently mentioned, but I believe LQ is not included in the Beta release (stormtroopers).
    portfolio: www.koromp.com

Quote Originally Posted by yann LHENORET View Post
    Any LQ R3D footage for us to play with? Someone? Phil maybe?
    I just got the beta firmware yesterday evening with LQ (was released to the early multi-color cams first). Compared to HQ it seems to roll about 2.56X longer than HQ. Over doubling the recording time on any given media.

Made a very quick Instagram video about 3 hours into testing the firmware:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CEiabioHA3p/

This was/is a pretty big firmware release, still discovering what's all in there, but the big ones are:
    - Video Tools Pane
    - Magnify
    - Audio Pane
    - Pre-Record
    - SDI Overlays

There's some AF stuff, a few new lenses were added in for support, I'll have to check all that out still.

Magnify does indeed work very differently than DSMC2 and DSMC bodies. You can see in the gram that you can use it on the LCD or SDI or both, you can finger drag on the top LCD to the position you want, and you can even record with it on. Pretty rad to have this working in this way now. And there's like no lag popping into Magnify. Feels like it should really.

I'll go out much later this afternoon at shoot some HQ, MQ, and LQ tests. I have a bid I need to get done before 2pm with boards and location options. Appears the world is getting busier in the last 3 weeks during the pandemic. Literally did my first sizeable shoot during since about February in August.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

RED Komodo Stormtrooper Arrived at B&H, DR Published, and Firmware 1.2 Beta Released

BY YOSSY MENDELOVICH

Article link

https://ymcinema.com/2020/08/31/red-...beta-released/