Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 648 of 673 FirstFirst ... 148548598638644645646647648649650651652658 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 6724
  1. #6471  
    Senior Member Nik Harper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    Nik,

    Maybe a Gyroscope type accessory that could be used to embed positioning metadata inside Red .R3D files for better post stablization in an NLE. Maybe a range extender for a much larger Wifi range.
    Yeah, I’ve always thought that would be a great feature. We have yet to see if that’s possible with the in camera gyros. But yeah if not, that accessory would be sick.
    Nik Harper

    Scarlet-X #221
    Komodo #1510

    WWW.LAMARPLUSNIK.COM

    Twitter / Instagram / Facebook / Vimeo
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #6472  
    Senior Member Alain M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, FL || Maracay-Venezuela
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    Nik,

    Maybe a Gyroscope type accessory that could be used to embed positioning metadata inside Red .R3D files for better post stablization in an NLE. Maybe a range extender for a much larger Wifi range.
    Yeah it is quite interesting the possibilities. But when I think about KOMODO I keep going back to basics about the reason why KOMODO is great: SIZE! So I am forcing myself as an exercise that no matter what I do researching, I wanna keep it compact as the FIRST OPTION. Travel will be a breeze and joyful at all times... Monitors now with batteries make that purpose be defeated because you need a few of batts for a day just for monitor...

    For larger productions sure, everything makes sense and Size won't matter... But I still believe they should come with cool options on those pogo pins...

    PS: I am now in the middle of searching new sliders compact. Edelkrone latest slider is compact and holds heavy cameras... So "SMALL" keeps bumping back at me...

    Take a look at this Slider... it is insane and a perfect match for KOMODO: https://edelkrone.com/products/sliderone-pro-v2

    Traveling: Compacted mode +Electronic Slider + Komodo + Autofocus +Rode Wireless GO + Compact Tripod + New DJI RS2... So many possibilities while not shooting bigger productions...
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    RED Komodo
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #6473  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alain M View Post
    PS: I am now in the middle of searching new sliders compact. Edelkrone latest slider is compact and holds heavy cameras... So "SMALL" keeps bumping back at me...

    Take a look at this Slider... it is insane and a perfect match for KOMODO: https://edelkrone.com/products/sliderone-pro-v2

    Traveling: Compacted mode +Electronic Slider + Komodo + Autofocus +Rode Wireless GO + Compact Tripod + New DJI RS2... So many possibilities while not shooting bigger productions...

    Like DSMC2 i though Komodo had a gyro? With a rolling shutter this actually really is useful. I believe the DSMC2 gyro accuracy is not quite good enough and getting the data out of the R3D frames seems a bit difficult but it is there...

    That Slider V2 - it's quite noisy so be aware of that, it is lovely and compact. But actually i totally recommend the SliderPLUS range, it is much quieter, the slide module is great and on a tripod it will extend twice it's length. I have the larger pro model and have managed to use a full DSMC2 rig on it both manual and under app control. The only downside is that it won't do vertical or a strong incline. The SliderV2 will go vertical but the speed of move is much slower than horizontal... If you want to know anything just ask away.

    cheers
    Paul
    -------------------
    insta: @paul.inventome
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #6474  
    Senior Member rand thompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Harper View Post
    Yeah, I’ve always thought that would be a great feature. We have yet to see if that’s possible with the in camera gyros. But yeah if not, that accessory would be sick.
    It would be a great additional feature to go along with the Komodo's global shutter. Plus it would be another way to make the Komodo that much more competitive with the Sony FX6 which has a similar feature built into the camera.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #6475  
    Senior Member rand thompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Alain M View Post
    Yeah it is quite interesting the possibilities. But when I think about KOMODO I keep going back to basics about the reason why KOMODO is great: SIZE! So I am forcing myself as an exercise that no matter what I do researching, I wanna keep it compact as the FIRST OPTION. Travel will be a breeze and joyful at all times... Monitors now with batteries make that purpose be defeated because you need a few of batts for a day just for monitor...

    For larger productions sure, everything makes sense and Size won't matter... But I still believe they should come with cool options on those pogo pins...

    PS: I am now in the middle of searching new sliders compact. Edelkrone latest slider is compact and holds heavy cameras... So "SMALL" keeps bumping back at me...

    Take a look at this Slider... it is insane and a perfect match for KOMODO: https://edelkrone.com/products/sliderone-pro-v2

    Traveling: Compacted mode +Electronic Slider + Komodo + Autofocus +Rode Wireless GO + Compact Tripod + New DJI RS2... So many possibilities while not shooting bigger productions...
    I understand that keeping the Komodo as uncluttered and nimble as possible would be in keeping with the original intent of its size. However, if the additional add-on unit could be kept at a minimal size, I think that the benefits of a major additional feature that couldn't be added in-camera would be worth it.

    The SlideONE PRO V2 slider does look great but my only concern with it is how well would it support the Komodo's weight. And since it seems to be meant for a smaller DSLR type camera, how smooth would the sliding motion be with the Komodo's weight.
    Last edited by rand thompson; 11-23-2020 at 07:19 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6476  
    Senior Member rand thompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,705
    THE BRASS KOMODO


    By Jason Momoa


    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6477  
    Senior Member Bastien Tribalat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cannes area, France
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    THE BRASS KOMODO


    By Jason Momoa


    I am so jealous :p
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #6478  
    Senior Member rand thompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    I am so jealous :p
    Maybe we'll be surprised one day with a custom colored/made Red Komodo, HaHaHaHa
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #6479  
    Senior Member Alain M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, FL || Maracay-Venezuela
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by paulcurtis View Post
    Like DSMC2 i though Komodo had a gyro? With a rolling shutter this actually really is useful. I believe the DSMC2 gyro accuracy is not quite good enough and getting the data out of the R3D frames seems a bit difficult but it is there...

    That Slider V2 - it's quite noisy so be aware of that, it is lovely and compact. But actually i totally recommend the SliderPLUS range, it is much quieter, the slide module is great and on a tripod it will extend twice it's length. I have the larger pro model and have managed to use a full DSMC2 rig on it both manual and under app control. The only downside is that it won't do vertical or a strong incline. The SliderV2 will go vertical but the speed of move is much slower than horizontal... If you want to know anything just ask away.

    cheers
    Paul
    Thanks for sharing Paul... good to know
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    RED Komodo
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #6480  
    Senior Member Alain M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, FL || Maracay-Venezuela
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    I understand that keeping the Komodo as uncluttered and nimble as possible would be in keeping with the original intent of its size. However, if the additional add-on unit could be kept at a minimal size, I think that the benefits of a major additional feature that couldn't be added in-camera would be worth it.

    The SlideONE PRO V2 slider does look great but my only concern with it is how well would it support the Komodo's weight. And since it seems to be meant for a smaller DSLR type camera, how smooth would the sliding motion be with the Komodo's weight.
    Indeed. By know I'm excited about any bigger size with KOMODO... it will be awesome... The challenge here is for the little gigs to find the know how of 2 or 3 tight compact setups for the big gaps between bigger productions...

    Sliders are super interesting now to the point I would love to be able to test them all... I mean Edelkrone has Jibs you build onto your tripod... motorized that can make lots of things interesting...

    I love this new era of equipment... hahahahahaha
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    RED Komodo
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts