Thread: ATOM 600 KV for KOMODO Update

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. #1 VAXIS Wireless Module ATOM 600 KV for KOMODO Update 
    We got an update on the ATOM 600 KV Komodo Attachment for y'all.

We'd love some feedback on our newest design. Comment below or join our FB Group to cast your vote in. Your input last time has been invaluable so please share. Which version of the ATOM 600KV would you prefer and why?

Option A or B?

Visit our FB Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/vaxispromo/

Main Features:
    • Up to 600ft transmission range
    • Less than 0.1s latency
    • SDI input
    • SDI& HDMI out
    • Mini mushroom antenna
    • Pocket size
    • Power pass-thru
    • OLED display screen
    • Optional priorities: Image prior/ Latency prior/ Range prior optional
    • Audio-video 100% sync.
    • Smart fan
    • Passcode protection
    • App enabled monitoring via Both IOS/Android(up to 4 receivers)

What else would you like to see on the ATOM 600 KV?
    What price range are you expecting the ATOM 600 KV?

For more on the latest news, more surprise, more coupon, please join and check ALL in Vaxis Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/Vaxispromo/

Michael
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Liu; 04-29-2020 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Update Title

looking good! Option A makes more sense to me, because it looks like on Option B a large v mount might protrude from the side and make the camera awkward to handle... plus vertical mounting seems more secure and more inline with industry standards..

Would there be a receiver option as well or is this intended only for monitoring on a mobile device?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Beardsley View Post
    looking good! Option A makes more sense to me, because it looks like on Option B a large v mount might protrude from the side and make the camera awkward to handle... plus vertical mounting seems more secure and more inline with industry standards..
    This is funny. I'm in the middle of the provisional planning of my future Komodo rig and came to the conclusion that if I want a clean and compact solution, I have to buy a smaller V-mount battery. And guess: It would be mounted sideways, like ATOM 600 KV Option B! The new IDX IMICRO-98 and -150 are so small that they are not much larger than two Canon BP-955 and BP-975 respectively. And the weight should also be comparable. IDX told me that battery orientation is not a factor in operational safety / reliability.

Here's the link: http://www.idxtek.com/products/imicro-98

The main advantage of option B is that the battery won't interfere with Komodos connectors, that's why I'd prefer B over A, combined with small V-Mount batteries like the ones mentioned above.

Looks like a neat solution for those who need it. Well done!
    Last edited by Thomas B.; 04-29-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Beardsley View Post

Would there be a receiver option as well or is this intended only for monitoring on a mobile device?
    Option A definitely is more of a traditional approach with the battery orientation and would slightly more secure if the battery orientation was a concern. The benefit of Option B is that it wouldn't obstruct the bottom I/O area and would compliment the KOMODO well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas B. View Post
    This is funny. I'm in the middle of the provisional planning of my future Komodo rig and came to the conclusion that if I want a clean and compact solution, I have to buy a smaller V-mount battery. And guess: It would be mounted sideways, like ATOM 600 KV Option B! The new IDX IMICRO-98 and -150 are so small that they are not much larger than two Canon BP-955 and BP-975 respectively. And the weight should also be comparable. IDX told me that battery orientation is not a factor in operational safety / reliability.

Here's the link: http://www.idxtek.com/products/imicro-98

The main advantage of option B is that the battery won't interfere with Komodos connectors, that's why I'd prefer B over A, combined with small V-Mount batteries like the ones mentioned above.

Looks like a neat solution for those who need it. Well done!
    That's amazing! and yes, a lot of V-mount batteries have a tighter form factor now and would work great with Option B.

A for me. Think it would mount on smaller gimbal better

Mounting V-Mounts sideways is just such a liability. V-Mount is a weak connection in general, sideways even more so.

Option A ist far more universial, better fitted to regular v-mounts, I guess even changing batteries from the operator / not the AC side would be faster/better. Handling and user friendliness is such a meticulous field that even changing the orientation of the battery for fast swaps can make 0.2s difference which can again make the differences whether it feels good to use or not. That's what differentiates good from ok products in the long run. It's just a tiny thing, but locking v-mounts top->down might be such a thing compared right->left. Just my opinion though.

So for me, there is nothing really going for version B, except for a just slightly smaller possible footprint, which you could have even smaller by using the intended canon batteries instead for ultra small builds and use just the 600 KV but off camera.

A all the way for me!
    Last edited by Andreas Eymannsberger; 04-30-2020 at 03:49 AM.

Option A but with AB Gold Mount please
    R3D DSMC2 GEMINI

I think you should make one with the same back as komodo with the dual canon slots. Makes it so much lighter and able to hot swap
    DP/Director/Producer
    www.domenicthedp.com
    www.nw-camera.com

Alexa Mini/Amira, RED Dragon, Monstro, Canon C500 Mark ii, C300ii, Sony FX9, FS7, UMP G2, Pocket 6k/4k, Sony A7s/r ii, Cooke Panchro Classics, Atlas Anamorphics, Zeiss Cp3, Angenieux EZ1/2, Celere HS set, Leica R Duclos set, DSO Trump series, Sigma Cine Primes, Contax Zeiss Superspeeds, GL Optics 18-35, 50-100, 70-200, tokina 11-16 PL, Laowa 24mm Probe, Movi Pro, Grip Vans, Skypanels, HMI's, Hive, Aputure, Litepanels, Litemats

It would be nice to have a D-Tap connector built in to pass power to focus motors for example. I concur that having the option to pass the canon BP batteries through would be nice for hot swapping, but its not a necessity. Also its important that it matches the quality/design language of the Komodo which from the rendering above it seems to so far!