Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RF Lenses for Komodo

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Daust View Post
    really looking into some of the new RF lenses to use with Komodo. That 28-70 f2 is an amazing lens. anyone have experience with the RF lens line up ? Any thoughts on best of the options available at the moment ?
    Tim, on ultra wide, we have a 15mm t/2.1 Zero-D in RF mount (FF coverage) and I m waiting for the team to mod a RF version of our 9mm t/2.9 (S35 coverage) Zero-D to see if it can fill the full Komodo sensor. Both of them are TINY and makes a lot of sense to pair up with Komodo. I put in my business card for size comparison.

Our 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D , 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Super Macro and 100mm f/2.8 2X Macro all comes with RF mount but its a little bit bigger than the above.

That 9mm Kevin will likey be the smallest widest rectilinear option for a while!
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_laowa View Post
    Tim, on ultra wide, we have a 15mm t/2.1 Zero-D in RF mount (FF coverage) and I m waiting for the team to mod a RF version of our 9mm t/2.9 (S35 coverage) Zero-D to see if it can fill the full Komodo sensor. Both of them are TINY and makes a lot of sense to pair up with Komodo. I put in my business card for size comparison.

Our 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D , 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Super Macro and 100mm f/2.8 2X Macro all comes with RF mount but its a little bit bigger than the above.
    would love that 9mm.
    Tim Daust
    Reelmind Studios
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 #6197 "Wicked"
    DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 #15175 "Jade"
    KOMODO 6K #0011 "Tangie"
    @TimDaust @ReelmindStudios

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    time to get those all EF lenses programmed in and the new autofocus on top of that

Alright ! Looks like Red is rising to the challenge of a useful autofocus system. Fantastic news. If they can match Sony and Canon it will be truly impressive. Excited to hear how they will implement the "new autofocus" in Komodo and if it will translate to other Red cameras.
    Tom Gleeson

I am really eyeing that 35mm Canon RF lens for Gimble work. (To make the camera as light as possible.)
    Scarlet-X #2034 "Bea"

I'm curious if anyone that's received their Komodo has experimented with any RF lenses. I know they're not supported yet, but you can trick a Canon R body into keeping the focus and aperture settings of the lens before removal. Of course this is only really useful for the fun and nerdiness of it, but I'm anxious to see how some of these great new lenses render on a Komodo.
    Scarlet-W

Hello All, here's a list of all the new RF lenses announced in the next few weeks:

4515C005
    Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 IS STM
    4318C005
    Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
    4234C005
    Canon RF 85mm f/2 Macro IS STM
    4112C005
    Canon RF 100-500mm f/4-7.1L IS USM
    3986C005
    Canon RF 600mm f/11 DO IS STM
    3987C005
    Canon RF 800mm f/11 DO IS STM
    4113C005 and 4114C005
    RF 1.4x and RF 2x
    Sylvain Morjane - Cinematographer - Marseille

The ramping iris on the 100-500 is disappointing, as is the F11 on the 600 and 800... The 85mm macro is really the only one of the newly announced lenses that I'm interested in. I think we'll see a lot more than these as time goes on. EOS-R being rather new and all...
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    The ramping iris on the 100-500 is disappointing, as is the F11 on the 600 and 800... The 85mm macro is really the only one of the newly announced lenses that I'm interested in. I think we'll see a lot more than these as time goes on. EOS-R being rather new and all...
    I really don't get where they are going with their DO lenses. I mean, more compact lenses, yeah sure but f11 ? Meh... Have anyone tried them ?
    Sylvain Morjane - Cinematographer - Marseille

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain Morjane View Post
    I really don't get where they are going with their DO lenses. I mean, more compact lenses, yeah sure but f11 ? Meh... Have anyone tried them ?
    Some of it is smaller size, but I think they're also trying to offer lower cost options and not duplicate what is already available in EF mount. Perhaps this is to offer different pricing, but perhaps they don't want to make RF better than EF so as not to cannibalize or devalue that market space.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.