Thread: phfxTools rodClaw + Bright Tangerine drumStix Bundle

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 phfxTools rodClaw + Bright Tangerine drumStix Bundle 
    Hello all!

It's February and if you know me I drop a few things this month. You know, because of the love.

Something I've wanted to bundle together for a while now and indeed something I'm using a lot, especially when on the road:

http://www.phfx.com/clawStixBundle

If you have ever needed to rig down and keep your DSMC2 brain super lightweight and still have a mechanical or electric follow focus situation, this is the way.

Also works for mounting various other accessories like TC boxes, wireless video, etc. You can get the rod to extend towards the lens, the camera rear, or both. So really it's up to you to figure out how to use it. Anything that can go on a single 15mm or 19mm rod.

This is an ideal solution if you shoot with gimbals, drones, and even motion control setups because you can move the camera and not move your rigging.

Why are we pairing it with the BT drumStix? Well I've been using them pretty much everyday since their release and strongly feel they are the best when it comes to light weight and super rigid support. They are made of titanium and don't exhibit the flex of carbon fiber which can be problematic sometimes and you have big time weight savings over aluminum or steel rods.

Working with Duclos Lenses and BT, we can offer the rodClaw/drumStix combo at a hell of a price.

If you are looking for the lightest weight rig for your DSMC2 body, this is the way.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Gotta say that I have two sets of the Rod Claws and happened to pick the Bright Tangerine titanium to pair them with as it turns out, keep Tilta Nucleus M's on them with Sigma Prime Cine lenses pretty much all the time. On the back side of the rod I hang a ServPro - which is light as are the Nucleus M's. It is a great compact and inexpensive setup. Highly recommend! Rodclaw is an awesome idea and it works great.
    DSMC2 Helium 1402
    DSMC2 Helium 6423

Phil the rodClaw has been a gift from the gods, I find a way to use mine almost daily! It only makes sense to bundle it with the BT drumStix
    Hope there will be a Komodo version!
    Red Weapon Helium
    GL Optics Leica R
    Nikkor
    Looking forward to finally using my Hydrogen with whatever Komodo is...
    PresidentialFilmPhoto.com
    Cinematography & Fashion/Glamour Photography

Any pics, just looking for something like this

Thanks guys. Means a lot that these are getting good use out there. Brings a little joy to my heart when I see them pop up in BTS or whatever. And hell, I'm using them too. They live on my camera 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo Devon View Post
    Any pics, just looking for something like this
    I haven't used it for mics or anything recently, but back when we made the prototype forever ago:

Truthfully though, you want more rigid rods like the BT drumStix if you are putting 3 motors on there or something similar. Hell anything that's more sturdy than CF if you are loading it up.

Most of the time for me, it's all about that follow focus. Which I need at all times, even when shooting real fast.

I need to dig up the shot, but there's somebody out there with a slick off board LCD setup using an offset clamp combined with the rodClaw. Getting the screen low enough so you're not breaking your neck staring up in the sky or dealing with a wobbly noga arm. Similar to what I have in the shot obove, but a lower clamp for sure.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Wondering if a tilta nano motor would reach gears on the 15mm rod, say with Cine modded Leica R’s