Thread: audio recording above 24fps on komodo?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 audio recording above 24fps on komodo? 
    Hi,

This review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSwftL7e6Rw says that audio does not record above 24fps on the komodo... if I wanted to shoot 4K 60fps can I select a 30fps timebase for the audio? Or is that not possible at this point?

Thanks, looks like I will be receiving my komodo on tuesday!
    Dan

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Porto View Post
    Hi,

This review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSwftL7e6Rw says that audio does not record above 24fps on the komodo...
    He wrote: "There were some clips above 24FPS that DID have audio, my project settings were off so user error there (thanks Shadi for an explanation)!"

This is just a case of people who haven't learned a system yet or didn't care to learn a system before reviewing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Porto View Post
    if I wanted to shoot 4K 60fps can I select a 30fps timebase for the audio? Or is that not possible at this point?
    That's not how timebase works. Timebase is what framerate the footage actually has while the frames per second count is how many frames are registered. If the timebase and fps is the same, you will have realtime at that framerate, i.e 30 fps is 30 fps. So if you shoot 60 fps with a 30 fps timebase you will have slow motion footage since it stretches out all those 60 fps over 30 fps "sequence".

If you have a timebase of 60 fps and record audio, it should have audio and everything will be in realtime 60 fps.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

thanks for that clarification :)