Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Best Gimbals/Steadicams for Komodo?

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique Blein View Post
    Letus Helix Magnesium: I couldn't be happier. It's very organic and I've even used it with my Red Epic-X
    Very interesting info. What about set-up time? Is it complicated and does it take quite a while? Running time of the battery? Can you control your Epic through the right handle?

Quote Originally Posted by Andi Loor View Post
    Someone stated that the way to use those gimbals is never to hold them straight up. By leaning the handle you get better stabilization in y.

- This is what I do when I use my Ronin-M, I tilt it back or forward slightly which allows the forward/back stabilization to act as a sort of Y axis. Combo that with a ninja walk and I've had good results. Only thing is that you can't hold it like that for too long or you'll burn out the motor.

I'm curious to see if the Komodo will work on a Ronin-SC with a compact prime/zoom. Obviously monitoring will be another story.

We just bought a Steadimate s15 for our ronin-s setup and its not bad. Really practical for a one man setup. If the Weebill-s can handle the Komodo then I suppose the Ronin-s can too. Its a low budget setup but works perfectly for me..

I feel like the ronin mx could be a option for the Komodo as you can have a dedicated power source and now that should be a good run time. second option for me would be Crane 3 as its its pretty strong and also has a lower center of gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Emir Aksay View Post
    We just bought a Steadimate s15 for our ronin-s setup and its not bad. Really practical for a one man setup. If the Weebill-s can handle the Komodo then I suppose the Ronin-s can too. Its a low budget setup but works perfectly for me..
    what other attachments do you have on the Ronin-S? Remote Follow Focus? Wireless Video? what Camera?
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

we'll have to see how good the auto-focus is on the Komodo ... even more so how practical it is for pulling focus.

There is so much a 1st AC does to make the shot, so you do wonder how much autofocus can be programmed to do... it's always been a secondary thought or last resort to use Autofocus
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery Anderson View Post
    what other attachments do you have on the Ronin-S? Remote Follow Focus? Wireless Video? what Camera?
    we have remote follow focus and a sound recorder, simple setup for run and gun docu work.

Is it me or the arms of the Weebill are very thin and dont look very strong, lets say versus the Crane or Ronin S...?

it might only be from the perspective.

I’m pretty confident the Ronin-S will work great with Komodo.
    I’ve used mine with the Helium a few times and it works a treat.
    EPIC-X DRAGON #02030
    Invisage Studios

+1 for Movi Pro.. especially with the Movi Controller and new FRX Pro. It's full FIZ and RCP control, including either external motors or internal motors on Canon-compatible glass, d-tap power for camera and wireless video, optional wheels for control or "MIMIC" style tools.. plus it's tough and light. Their current firmware is pretty incredible.

Hopefully, it's not overly optimistic to assume Komodo will speak the same RCP language as DSMC2 brains, or that RF lenses will work via RCP control like EF do now. Then there's the RF to EF adapter with variable ND(!) .. Komodo could be pretty awesome on Movi Pro for ground and aerial work. Looking forward to it!