Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Best Gimbals/Steadicams for Komodo?

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    -1 for Movi Pro... Not only is it the same price as the camera itself but for batteries that you can actually rely on you have to pay more money to install the converter plate for the DJI batteries. The right gimbal is Ronin S all the way. We are getting a smaller camera that will work properly with smaller gimbals. Awesome if you have a Movi Pro but selling mine was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Is it crazy to wonder if the Ronin-SC could fly it? Komodo is under the weight limit with a good number of lenses. Probably more of a question of fit and center of gravity

..heh heh, yeah, I like the Movi Pro batteries.. TB50s via the Ignitedigi plates also of course, when long run times are more important than system weight, but the Freefly packs are light and charge fast and can run the gimbal, DSMC2 camera, motors, and Vaxis 3000 without drama. No complaints from me :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    I've actually been testing this one the last few days with Komodo. Its unusual.. in a good way.. and tracks very well.
    Does this mean the auto focus is good enough for the Komodo to use a small gimbal

Been using the Letus Helix Magnesium for 4 years now, couldn't be any happier.

I hope freefly makes either a mini MōVI pro and/or a ronin S style gimbal specially built for the Komodo. My hope is also that they ditch their horrible batteries that only last like 20 charges and go with one tb-50 to power this gimbal.

Until then I will be on the MōVI pro and perhaps ronin-s for when a more compact setup is needed with Komodo.
    Daniel Kelly Brown
    www.danielkellybrown.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Kelly Brown View Post
    I hope freefly makes either a mini MōVI pro and/or a ronin S style gimbal specially built for the Komodo. My hope is also that they ditch their horrible batteries that only last like 20 charges and go with one tb-50 to power this gimbal.

Until then I will be on the MōVI pro and perhaps ronin-s for when a more compact setup is needed with Komodo.
    Yeah a ronin-s style gimbal from freefly would be the best thing. It was a bit hard to get used to the ronin-s but I think its the way forward for gimbals. Especially when its combined with a steadicam sort of rig..

I'm going to try the Ronin-s along with the Steadimate-S
    https://tiffen.com/products/steadicam-steadimate-s

seems like the best of both worlds, .. gimble that acts like and looks like a steadicam.

C
    ---------------------------
    Curtis Boggs
    www.cboggs.com

Cinematographer-DP-Colorist
    Epic-W 8k (Spanky)
    Komodo 6k (baby)
    Sigma Cinema zoom set
    Leica-R Cine mod prime set
    DZOfilm Pictor zoom set 20-55, 50-125
    Various other strange or vintage lenses

9.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #49  
    Here is Komodo on the Stabileye Nano on the set of The Suicide Squad from a few weeks ago. Henry Braham uses Stabileye for almost everything. It is absolutely phenomenal, but you can't buy it ( yet ) .

It reminds me of the Letus a bit, which I just bought and am digging a lot. I hear rumors Freefly is working on something new and small as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Here is Komodo on the Stabileye Nano on the set of The Suicide Squad from a few weeks ago. Henry Braham uses Stabileye for almost everything. It is absolutely phenomenal, but you can't buy it ( yet ) .

It reminds me of the Letus a bit, which I just bought and am digging a lot. I hear rumors Freefly is working on something new and small as well.

Awesome! I'ts pretty much what I've been looking for so long and it's similar to the Letus. The Nano seems to be the smaller brother of the regular one and hopefully lighter.. I still wasn't able to get my hands on the Helix as here in Switzerland there's no possibility to get one. So I'm looking forward to this one..