Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Cfast 2.0 Options for Komodo

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Cfast 2.0 Options for Komodo 
    Will there be a list of certified Cfast 2.0 media or can one expect to have every Cfast 2.0 (as long as it is 2.0) to work with Komodo?

If that's the case we could perhaps start looking for Cfast deals until Komodo is finally out!

Thought about this and figured the longer I wait to purchase my media, the cheaper it may possibly be. Could be wrong though - do companies jack up prices when notable cameras release?

3.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Eymannsberger View Post
    Will there be a list of certified Cfast 2.0 media or can one expect to have every Cfast 2.0 (as long as it is 2.0) to work with Komodo?

If that's the case we could perhaps start looking for Cfast deals until Komodo is finally out!
    Yeah we are testing everything right now and we will make the suggested list available to you. Angelbird AV PRO testing pretty well so far and the Progrades. Sandisk Extreme Pro's a bit more variance but still pretty great. Seems like a new one popping up every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Angelbird AV PRO testing pretty well so far and the Progrades.
    First ones would have been my go-to manufacturer. Great news!

Yeah we are testing everything right now and we will make the suggested list available to you. Angelbird AV PRO testing pretty well so far and the Progrades. Sandisk Extreme Pro's a bit more variance but still pretty great. Seems like a new one popping up every week.
    Will Solidpod Cfast2.0 to mSATA bea possibility? If you'd like to test it out, I have one that I can send your way.

That’s great news. I don’t know if Egodisk is on your radar, but I was using them reliably for over a year with my C200 and the pricing is great. I’m sure they’d send you cards to test with if someone from your team got in contact.

When it comes to ProGrade Cfast 2.0 cards, can anyone tell me what is the difference is between their v1 and v2 cards?
    Todd Gilpin
    Cinematographer Editor
    Scarlet Dragon #3750 "Jasper"

https://vimeo.com/toddgilpin

It's a real shame how expensive these cards are. Real killer. Percentage-wise, it won't be as much of a hit with Komodo, but I've also been thinking about a Pocket Cinema 4K and a 512GB CFast literally increases the price of that camera 40%. One cool thing about that camera which isn't "pro" enough to offer on Komodo is using USB 3 SSDs, which are actually *faster*, for literally a ninth or eighth the $ per GB.

The prograde V2 cards have been tweaked to work with better with the canon c200 and c300ii, Otherwise they’re the same as the V1 versions.

That’s what prograde told me anyway...

I have a couple prograde V1 265gb cards. They work really well with no issues yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Saxon View Post
    It's a real shame how expensive these cards are. Real killer. Percentage-wise, it won't be as much of a hit with Komodo, but I've also been thinking about a Pocket Cinema 4K and a 512GB CFast literally increases the price of that camera 40%. One cool thing about that camera which isn't "pro" enough to offer on Komodo is using USB 3 SSDs, which are actually *faster*, for literally a ninth or eighth the $ per GB.
    Recording straight to SSD is a nice feature of the bmpcc's. Do we know if the komodo might have this as well? (Sorry, might have missed this in the massive thread). Anyways, planning on getting some CFast card's as well, so I'll wait for Jarred's final approved list first.