Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Komodo Batteries

Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    My Canon BP-975 batteries shipped from BH now. BP-955 is still a little ways out it looks like but might be worth putting in an order for some 975s if you are trying to get your hands on some batteries.

Does someone have a comprehensive list of batteries that the camera detects? I have several legit BP-970G and BP-955 / BP-950G that are not recognized. I want something that is guaranteed to work , and preferably reasonably priced. I thought buying genuine used canon batts would be the move, but apparently it was not the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kanes View Post
    Does someone have a comprehensive list of batteries that the camera detects? I have several legit BP-970G and BP-955 / BP-950G that are not recognized. I want something that is guaranteed to work , and preferably reasonably priced. I thought buying genuine used canon batts would be the move, but apparently it was not the move.
    Several years ago I remember hearing stories about some of the really good(looking) counterfeits actually slipping into the authorized sales channels. Pretty sure they got them cleared out, but there could still be a lot of them in circulation being passed off as genuine still, on the used market. Just a thought...

Personally, I would just go through an authorized dealer(B&H, Abel, Adorama, etc.) and buy new, genuine Canon batts from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kanes View Post
    I would imagine the BP-955s that aren't working aren't holding enough of a charge? Haven't heard of anyone having issues with the two main batteries mentioned by Jarred the BP-955 and BP-975 atleast when they are fresh..

The 975’s are quite impressive on Komodo. We had the camera on and shot for close to 5 hours and only depleted one. I’ve never had such battery love. I ran a Small HD with a BP-6 on the back and the shoot was all good...except for my Osee 7 not taking the input signal so I had to swap out.

Got my BP-975s in. It looks like each one is easily good for 3hrs if not more. Would likely handle a whole day of studio shooting unless you are recording non-stop. Haven't tried running them down completely but the onboard estimate shows 3hrs or so for each battery. Pretty amazing to be able to do 6hrs+ with such a compact package. Sounds like from the post above that it could be possible to get even more. Mine BP-975s are brand new from B&H.
    DSMC2 Gemini
    Komodo ST

I actually run two Canon BP-955. I plan to move to v-mount when the tilta plate is available with some GDU 98 on the back.

Does one of you can give me the comparaison duration between two BP-955 and one GDU 98.

BP-955s that I ordered from B&H in July have already shipped. They were listed as backordered until late September so good to see them shipping much sooner than that. Probably going to be a very big demand for these if Komodo is officially released this year.

I love that you can trickle charge batteries on Komodo while connected to DC power. It takes awhile but great that it is possible while the camera is off and just sitting idle.
    Last edited by andrewhake; 08-19-2020 at 04:37 PM.
    DSMC2 Gemini
    Komodo ST

FYI - the Swit Batteries on B&H (BP-975 size) give the unsupported warning on the camera as well. Same with the Kastars on Amazon.
    - Jamie
    Gemini & Komodo ST Owner // Photographer // Director
    @JWalter1337 // @PamolaCreative

Has anyone tested the SWIT S-8845 BP-style battery on the Komodo? It would be perfect to use the DC output to power the monitor and other peripherals.

https://www.adorama.com/sws8845.html...tronics+s-8845