Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Komodo Batteries

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    DOLGIN is the best!

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

For my BPs I just made a "tray" of chargers w/ a power strip to take on and off a shelf. I'm using the Watson ones. Though, hot tip, and I know I'm not the first to mention it, secure the hell out of the battery plate on the charger or it slides off.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

does anyone have experience with Hedbox?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    DOLGIN is the best!
    Nice. Thanks Bob! That is one pricey charger but looks great.

I was looking at the SWIT LC-D421 4-ch Multi-type DV Charger. No idea if it is good.

@Phil, yea the Watson one is the one that comes up the most when I do a research. I'll look at that one too.

And I know everyone is recommending to go with the OG Canon batteries but here in Hong Kong, the BP 955 and 975 are impossible to find (even if they are made in China) so I was thinking of testing the SWIT BP 955.

I also saw some Canon BP batteries on ebay but I am skeptical if they are real...

I am going to pickup some barely used Canon BP-955 batteries to get ready for my Komodo purchase. What dual charger do you recommend for them and is it okay to use 3rd party brands? I don't want to decrease the life of the batteries by using some knockoff but the dual charger from Canon is ridiculously priced in my opinion. What are you guys using as other options. Something that is also small for travel would be nice. EDIT: Did not see above mentions of Watson / Dolgin. Anyone having issues with these? I have had issues with Watson chargers with Sony FS7 batteries in the past.
    Last edited by Andrew Reese; 06-15-2020 at 11:50 AM.
    R3D DSMC2 GEMINI

As a heads up to those looking a the Watson charger on B&H, I bought one and it does not charge BP-955 or 975 even though it advertises so. I also looked into buying this which reviews say also didn't work. Looks like I'll be returning mine and look at getting the Dolgin

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moceri View Post
    As a heads up to those looking a the Watson charger on B&H, I bought one and it does not charge BP-955 or 975 even though it advertises so. I also looked into buying this which reviews say also didn't work. Looks like I'll be returning mine and look at getting the Dolgin
    That is extremely strange. I have 6 of them charging Canon and Non-Canon batteries.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    That is extremely strange. I have 6 of them charging Canon and Non-Canon batteries.
    Huh that is really strange. On the box for the charger it says it works with 955 & 975 but the actual plate says it only works with 915, 930 and 945. I would buy the replacement plate since they're so cheap but the reviews and Q&A all say it's still the wrong one

What about charging the GDU mini-v batteries? Any recommended systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moceri View Post
    Umm... You should contact B&H. They probably sent you the wrong charger. I have two of these chargers and they work fine. Something is not right if you're talking about replacement plates as the plate for the 955/975 is the same for 915, 930, 945...

Are you using off-brand batteries that may have a compatibility issue? Or you say the plate only says 915, 930. Yeah I think it does say that. Still works just fine, try it if you have not.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.