Thread: Komodo production package?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Komodo production package? 
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    As with the DSMC2s, will there be a production package available both for the Hydrogen and non-Hydrogen orders? I think that a -baseplate module, handles, screen (non-Hydrogen orders) and maybe a battery mount for V-Lock conversions and light weight rods would be a nice whole package that bundles everything needed for those who need a bit more than just the camera body.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Has RED ever sold a package with modules other than their own? Because Jarred has emphasized that he’s really leaving it to third party developers to make most of the accessories for the Komodo including battery plate solutions.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    Has RED ever sold a package with modules other than their own? Because Jarred has emphasized that he’s really leaving it to third party developers to make most of the accessories for the Komodo including battery plate solutions.
    So far we have an official Red baseplate module for extra ports, so that's Red and the handles in most pictures are from Jarred's GDU. But would it in this case, because of all of this third party focus, be bad to have a full package collaboration with other companies? I mean a package with gear that's high up on Red's recommended gear list for Komodo.

Here are some ideas:
    - Baseplate module
    - GDU handles
    - Monitor (cableless)
    - V-Lock adapter / belt clip V-Lock with cable
    - Komodo Quick Release platform with rods (for gear based follow-focuses)
    - "Cage" for extra attachments?

Something I think we at least need from Red would be a form of Quick Release platform equivalent of the one for DSMC2s. Maybe smaller and lighter, but the Quick Release for DSMC2 is a piece of very versatile base equipment that makes life much easier when going between handheld and tripod. But the one for DSMC2 is too big to be practical for Komodo, so something a bit smaller and lighter would be welcome. At least some basic stuff that we need for working with Komodo would be helpful to have whenever the camera ships.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

I do think RED should offer a bundle of some kind. I'd suggest:

2x BP955 batteries
    4x 256GB CFast media cards
    Baseplate module
    Case

Cheers - #19

RED has offered camera kits in the past for Raven, Dragon X, Gemini, etc. If I was in Vegas the odds would be 2-1 on Komodo Camera Kit. Just saying...

2x BP955 batteries
    Monitor in the size of Komodo (cablefree connected through the pogo pins and foldable so it can be flipped down when camera is turned off in order to protect the top LCD screen)
    Baseplate module
    Quick release plate with rods
    Case