Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Komodo EXT Connector Pin Diagram

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Im going to try and get my hands on some lemo connectors and start testing / building some cables for the Komodo. I think a nice short breakaway cable with multiple BNC connectors for all options would be excellent for the back of the komodo.
    Cinematographer and gaffer for 16 years. Working in TV and feature films.

Authorized dealer for over 100 brands of Audio / Video gear and accessories including Teradek, Vazen, Tokina, AngelBird, Black Magic Design, Oconnor, Anton Bauer, SmallHD, Steadicam, Litepanels, Sachtler, and more!

GEAR: Arri Alexa XR 4:3 PLUS, RED Komodo Stormtrooper, Cooke 20-100, RED Pro Primes, RED 17-50.

Reels and info:
    www.NYCinematography.com

CEO of sales company:
    www.EverestStudios.TV

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis boggs View Post
    Anyone making Timecode cables for this yet??? (need asap)

Anything like the multi cable for DSMC2?

I could use timecode and Genlock,.. interested to see what else can be done here.

Curtis
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Orlandi View Post
    Im going to try and get my hands on some lemo connectors and start testing / building some cables for the Komodo. I think a nice short breakaway cable with multiple BNC connectors for all options would be excellent for the back of the komodo.
    Yeah, just something super small and simple with BNC's for TC IN & OUT and maybe GENLOCK. When I eventually get mine, I'd be happy with just a simple TC IN & OUT BNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    We would need Jarred to confirm if this ODU is compatible with 0B.309 Lemo connectors. I never confirmed that but I suspect it is - Jarred?
    I'd love to know too!
    Weapon CF Monstro #1119, Weapon Helium, Epic-X #7926 BAM, Raven #220

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Baulig View Post
    I'd love to know too!
    It is fully compatible with LEMO 0b.309
    Mark L. Pederson

Hoping RED will make an EXT to CTRL port cable.

For instances on drones where lens control is needed, but the Expander module or Modern Film Tools TOP Plate doesn't fit well.

CTRL port is also a necessity for record trigger with Tilta Nucleus follow focus. When single-oping on a gimbal this makes it really nice to start/stop the camera with the Nucleus handgrips without having to reach down and physically press the record button which is basically impossible while holding the gimbal unless you have it attached to a readyrig. This also allows for reliable wireless triggering of the camera in many other instances where you are not nearby the camera (i.e. car mounts, drone, cranes, etc). I personally am not really a fan of the RED breakout box that mounts to the bottom of Komodo. Despite offering a lot of the necessary connections it makes the Komodo much taller and more along the size of a DSCM2 brain. A cable would be a lot nicer than having to mount a box the size of a mix-pre-3 onto the bottom of Komodo just to allow wireless control such as start/stop. I believe the new app allows for start/stop triggering of the camera but I would need to find a way to mount my phone to my shoulder rig or gimbal while single-oping for this to be of use which is not ideal as phone batteries are not reliable in heat/cold for me and always seem to fail you at the most crucial times. Really hope some better solutions for CTRL functionality are implemented. I am honestly surprised RED couldn't squeeze a CTRL port onto the body of Komodo somewhere.
    Last edited by Andrew Reese; 08-03-2020 at 08:29 PM.
    DSMC2 GEMINI + STORMTROOPER KOMODO

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis boggs View Post
    Anyone making Timecode cables for this yet??? (need asap)

Anything like the multi cable for DSMC2?

I could use timecode and Genlock,.. interested to see what else can be done here.

Curtis

Iím an IATSE Disneyland tech currently on furlough. I just ordered a batch of the 9pin LEMOs from Digi-Key, and Iím making a handful of cables for me and some other IA friends.

1) A 9 pin Komodo plug <-> 4 pin 00 size FEMALE DSMC CTRL socket. Iím sure Iím not the only one who wants to plug and play with my DSMC gear.

2) Currently making 5 pin Timecode -> 9 pin Komodo EXT cables.

3) A combo cable of 5 pin Timecode LEMO + BNC -> 9 pin Komodo EXT. That way you could take in TC from either common source.

4) I could make 9 pin to BNC cables, but REDís already doing that, and I couldnít really undercut their price without buying knockoff LEMO connectors.

If anyone has suggestions, interest, or just want to talk gossip about what itís like to be a Disney tech, feel free to shoot me a DM.
    REDucated June 2012

Scarlet-X #2098
    Raven #61
    Komodo #234

Hi YouTube!

Quote Originally Posted by Blair Thornton View Post
    Hoping RED will make an EXT to CTRL port cable.

For instances on drones where lens control is needed, but the Expander module or Modern Film Tools TOP Plate doesn't fit well.
    There is this: https://woodencamera.com/collections...box-red-komodo

I ordered one but it hasn't arrived so I can't give a proper review.
    Silver Lake Studios Inc.
    Film Production and Stock Footage
    Rentals and other goodies at
    www.utahcinevideo.com
    www.slsfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Thomson View Post
    I’m an IATSE Disneyland tech currently on furlough. I just ordered a batch of the 9pin LEMOs from Digi-Key, and I’m making a handful of cables for me and some other IA friends.

1) A 9 pin Komodo plug <-> 4 pin 00 size FEMALE DSMC CTRL socket. I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants to plug and play with my DSMC gear.

2) Currently making 5 pin Timecode -> 9 pin Komodo EXT cables.

3) A combo cable of 5 pin Timecode LEMO + BNC -> 9 pin Komodo EXT. That way you could take in TC from either common source.

4) I could make 9 pin to BNC cables, but RED’s already doing that, and I couldn’t really undercut their price without buying knockoff LEMO connectors.

If anyone has suggestions, interest, or just want to talk gossip about what it’s like to be a Disney tech, feel free to shoot me a DM.
    Any chance you would be willing to make a 9 pin to TRS cable for use with Tentacle Sync? Or yeah I suppose I could just use a 9 pin to 4 pin cable to adapt to my existing 4-pin to TRS right? I guess ideally the less cables the better though.

Looking for something like this: https://shop.tentaclesync.com/product/tentacle-to-red/ to 9-pin instead of 4-pin I suppose.
    Last edited by andrewhake; 08-15-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewhake View Post
    Any chance you would be willing to make a 9 pin to TRS cable for use with Tentacle Sync? Or yeah I suppose I could just use a 9 pin to 4 pin cable to adapt to my existing 4-pin to TRS right? I guess ideally the less cables the better though.

Looking for something like this: https://shop.tentaclesync.com/product/tentacle-to-red/ to 9-pin instead of 4-pin I suppose.
    I can totally make that, sent you a PM.

And, that's what I was thinking----"I already have cables that go to the SYNC port, so why not make the Komodo work with the SYNC plug?" I just really hate the 00B size Lemo.

-A
    REDucated June 2012

Scarlet-X #2098
    Raven #61
    Komodo #234

Hi YouTube!