Thread: KOMODO ACCESSORIES (Grips, Cages, Handles...)

Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Mandell View Post
    Anybody have any suggestions for Arri rosette adapters that can be screwed into the expander module?
    8Sinn make one too - I just got one and attached a Smallrig handle to it. Only issue was that the Smallrig handle end had a too long thread, so I had to Dremel the end off it, but that's the fault of the Smallrig, not 8Sinn.

HTH!

Cheers,

Paul :)
    Paul Leeming
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer/Actor
    Visceral Psyche Films

www.visceralpsyche.com
    www.LeemingLUTPro.com

TEL: +31 6 2095 2590 (Netherlands)
    TEL: +81 80 8439 4635 (Japan)
    Facebook: Paul Leeming

Komodo #2728

If anyone's interested here's a list of all the bits I'm using to make a good run and gun rig while spending the least amount of money. I already have a monitor and EF glass. I don't have the camera yet but this SHOULD work. It's designed to be quick and tool-less to strip down for gimbal shots. For that I'm planning to try running power to the camera direct from my Ronin S. Lots of research.

EF to RF mount:
    - Breakthrough Photography EF to RF Drop-In Filter Adapter plus Breakthrough Photography VND filter

Cards
    - Angelbird AV Pro CF 256GB CFast 2.0 Memory Card, 2 Pack

Power:
    - Tilta Dual Canon BP to V Mount Adapter Battery Plate
    - IDX Imicro-98 97Wh V-Mount Battery x 3

Top rail and top handle:
    - NICEYRIG NATO Rail to Rosette Mount Adapter for ARRI Standard
    - SmallRig Lightweight NATO Top Handle 2950

Right handle:
    - CAMVATE Versatile Extension Arm With Double-ended ARRI Rosette Mount M6 Thread
    - Tilta Right Side Wooden Handle 2.0 with R/S Button (Komodo cable yet to be released)

Mic mount extends off top rail:
    - SmallRig Shotgun Microphone Holder (Cold Shoe) BSM2352
    - SmallRig Cold Shoe Extension 2879
    - CAMVATE Quick Release NATO Clamp 50mm SafetyRail 1/4" Rig

Mic preamp:
    - Kortwich mixer MM2 (has a compressor over Beachtek DXA-RED)
    - Mini XLR 3-Pin Female To Standard XLR 3-Pin Female Audio Cable Male XLR To Male
    - Rockn D-Tap To 4-Pin Hirose Cable For Sound Devices (power)

Preamp mount on left or right side:
    - Smallrig low-profile nato rail 100mm (screw to camera side, may need a little modification)
    - Niceyrig NATO Clamp with Nato Rail 1/4" 3/8" Screw Holes

Thanks for pointing this out Tom!

I'm going to use this with a Hasselblad prism viewfinder. Maybe someday the Komodo's menu screen will have the option to display in mirror image, to accommodate prism's reversed image.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jones View Post
    For anyone who's interested, Vipergears just launched their website for the Hasselblad/Kiev 88 viewfinder adapter :

https://www.vipergears.com/product-p...reet-stealth-1
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Scott Feiner; 12-04-2020 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Mannion View Post
    Right handle:
    - CAMVATE Versatile Extension Arm With Double-ended ARRI Rosette Mount M6 Thread
    - Tilta Right Side Wooden Handle 2.0 with R/S Button (Komodo cable yet to be released)
    What are you using to connect the extension arm to the camera? I'm assuming you need some kind of a rosette on the camera itself to attach that arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Mandell View Post
    Anybody have any suggestions for Arri rosette adapters that can be screwed into the expander module?

Does this expansion box provide enough height to use Tokina Vista Primes with a standard touch-and-go plate on a Sachtler Video18 head? Big lenses on tiny cameras are a problem for tripod compatibility!
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Arnall View Post
    What are you using to connect the extension arm to the camera? I'm assuming you need some kind of a rosette on the camera itself to attach that arm.
    The extension arm mentions an M6 thread mount on the rosette.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tiemann View Post
    Does this expansion box provide enough height to use Tokina Vista Primes with a standard touch-and-go plate on a Sachtler Video18 head? Big lenses on tiny cameras are a problem for tripod compatibility!
    I don't have first-hand knowledge, but have definitely had this problem before with a mirrorless camera, so was interested.

By my calculations, the Red Komodo Expander would allow a Tokina Vista to clear by at least 3/4".

Check my work:
    From the dimensional drawing Jarred shared, the Komodo is 47.63mm from center of mount to the bottom.
    (http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...ional-Drawings)

At its widest point, the Tokina Vista Vision primes are 114mm (except the 135mm, which is 124mm at its widest point). Since they're heavy, you may have to push the body back on the tripod as far as possible, so let's assume the widest point sits over the tripod platform. If the 114mm of the lens is centered on the mount, that means you need half of that-- 57mm-- of clearance between center of mount and tripod platform.

The Red Komodo Expander is 32mm high. (https://www.red.com/komodo-expander-module)

So 47mm (Komodo body) + 32mm (Expander)=79mm from tripod platform. So approx 20mm or 3/4" of clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Arnall View Post
    The "NICEYRIG NATO Rail to Rosette Mount Adapter for ARRI Standard" has a rosette on the side that the extension arm or handle attaches to. Sorry for the slow reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Mannion View Post
    I'm also wondering the same thing. As I understand it the standard Red control cable doesn't fit in the Komodo's integrated 9-PIN EXT port without an adaptor?
    Stu,
    I've had a discussion with Tilta about a cable that runs from the Tilta Rt. Side handle with R/S to the Komodo external 9 pin connector that has R/S. The Komodo R/S command is a simple momentary connection of pin 6 to ground. Should be simple enough to build one. Pulse Tilta, as I did.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Feiner View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out Tom!

I'm going to use this with a Hasselblad prism viewfinder. Maybe someday the Komodo's menu screen will have the option to display in mirror image, to accommodate prism's reversed image.

That battery plate thing, what does it do? Is that only to get 12v out of the battery? Because that would solve the problem with remote focus motors not getting enough power, like the WCU-4.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397