Thread: KOMODO ACCESSORIES (Grips, Cages, Handles...)

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry Shijan View Post
    Patrick , i have no idea why i need all those handles and shoulder pad on my tripod :) It takes 2 seconds to detach camera from shoulder pad system and connect it to tripod.
    VTC plate is expensive proprietary connector for large camera systems. For tiny bricks like BMMCC/Z-CAM/KOMODO Arca Swiss clamps works way better. If you like VTC concept, you can just connect Arca Swiss QR Plate to Rail Block in front of shoulder pad.

I like this option.

Dmitry,

I've never considered this option as I'm a shoulder rig guy... The idea your are exploring is to have a smaller rig when on tripod and what is more interesting on Gimbal, Drone,... this is very interesting!
    I think you have something here if you can solve the problem of the rod attachment to the cage.

Pat

I wonder when the GDU side handles for Komodo will be announced?

Jarred,
    Any news regarding outrigger handle? Will it enable us to control R/S, iris and focus with EF-/RF-lenses, like the DSMC2 side handle did, just in a smaller and maybe less cowboy-handle-ish shape and will we be able to change the angle(s) of the handle?

One thing I haven’t heard of is some kind of screen protector for the onboard touch screen. Seems like it’s in a pretty vulnerable position for little pieces of gear to make its way down to the screen scratching it up. I mean I’d hate for it to end up looking like my Red 7” Touch.

Anyone heard talk of this?
    DSMC2 Helium #000043 "Violet”
    Denton Film, LLC
    WWW.DENTONFILM.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew R Lewis View Post
    One thing I haven’t heard of is some kind of screen protector for the onboard touch screen. Seems like it’s in a pretty vulnerable position for little pieces of gear to make its way down to the screen scratching it up. I mean I’d hate for it to end up looking like my Red 7” Touch.

Anyone heard talk of this?
    I haven't broken it yet and I'm moderately trying. I mean I'm not stabbing it with a tent spike, but Komodo is sort of built to survive some rough play. It's capacitive like a phone, not like the DSMC2 screens. Feels like some sort of Gorilla-esque glass is on there. Hard to know for sure without me doing the scratch test. FYI, I'm testing lots of stuff, but much like Meatloaf, I won't do that.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    I haven't broken it yet and I'm moderately trying. I mean I'm not stabbing it with a tent spike, but Komodo is sort of built to survive some rough play. It's capacitive like a phone, not like the DSMC2 screens. Feels like some sort of Gorilla-esque glass is on there. Hard to know for sure without me doing the scratch test. FYI, I'm testing lots of stuff, but much like Meatloaf, I won't do that.
    Cool man, thanks. Feels like screen replacement might be a common service for these, but hey if they are withstanding and if the testing going on this last several months I feel pretty good.
    DSMC2 Helium #000043 "Violet”
    Denton Film, LLC
    WWW.DENTONFILM.COM

Just want to add my vote for a DSMC2-style Side Handle for the Komodo. Love that thing!
    Breonna Taylor's killers still haven't been charged.

http://www.magicgoggles.com : Red Epic Dragon #7703 "Ilsa" : Komodo ST #389 "TK-421"

Quote Originally Posted by joshua csehak View Post
    Just want to add my vote for a DSMC2-style Side Handle for the Komodo. Love that thing!
    I love the DSMC2 Side Handle as well...except for one thing: It's a pain in the ass to screw it on and to remove it. The old DSMC1 Side Handle that housed a RedVolt was fantastic in the way it was mounted and removed...just a hook and a single tool-free thumb-screw. Very quick and easy! I hope that any Komodo side handle would be just as quick & easy to mount & remove...
    Paul Kalbach

RED Weapon-Helium#4580, RedOne-MX #1693, RedOne-MX #10062

www.ArtichokePro.com
    www.RedZephyrCam.com

The large number of pins on the pogo port and the 9 pin EXT port / breakout box made me wonder about the possibilities regarding lens control. Would be great if Jarred could chime in for clarification, but feel free to write your assumptions - I'm interested to hear your thoughts anyway.

I dare to say there will be some sort of outrigger handle, hopefully with similar functions like the DSMC2 side handle offering R/S triggering, focus and iris control on EF/RF lenses via pogo port on top of the camera.

But what about external lens motors like Tilta's Nucleus-M for example?
    Since we will be able to control EF/RF lenses wirelessly via REDcontrol app, will we also be able to control manual lenses
    wirelessly with mentioned FIZ motors?
    e.g. when turning the focus knob on the "komodo handle", can the signal be transmitted wirelessly to the Nucleus-M motor? Do these systems speak the same language??
    A wired option might also be possible, regarding the EXT port pin out datasheet, assumed that one would combine the D-tap power out from a V-Mount battery and the data wires from the EXT port.
    Of course, the wireless option is the elegant solution here, so we would just have to power the motors via D-tap.
    Some might say "why so complicated, use your Nucleus-M handles", but they're way too tall for this tiny camera,
    that's why I was hoping for a "small RED side handle" > wireless transmission > FIZ motor solution.