Thread: DaVinci Resolve 16.2 is now available

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I Kinda thought that the REDWideGamut/ Log3G10 IDT for Aces would work the same way as all other IDT's but it seemed not to.

Here is a Red RAW .r3d file inside of a ACEScc Project.

Here is a ProRes 4444XQ in " Primary Raw Development RWGLOG3G10" out of Redcine-X, Basically Red's Log. I applied the "REDWideGamut/ Log3G10 IDT" and got the following.

Last edited by rand thompson; 03-07-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Here is the Red Raw.R3d file in an ACEScc project with "REDWideGamut/ Log3G10 IDT" entered into the "ACES Input Device Transform". With the "REDWideGamut/ Log3G10 IDT" and "No Input Transform" entered it looked the same

Here it is before corrections

Here it is With corrections. The Highlights are at 100IRE and the Shadows are at 0-IRE without being "Blown Out". It has what looks like a "Soft" or "Medium" Highlight- Rolloff of Ipp2, I don't mean in the Highs in the Parade Scope, I mean in general appearance. The Yellows/Orange colors look to be almost or actually "Out Of Gamut".

Here is the Image with the "Gamut Mapping" OFX applied. The Highlights have a better Roll-Off, The Shadows are not at 0-IRE and the Colors stay "In Gamut". The Highlights have a 'Very Soft" IPP2 highlight Roll-Off appearance.

Less Skin Saturation. I looked through the nodes and realized that the Saturation was dialed up a little high.

Last edited by rand thompson; 03-08-2020 at 10:22 PM.

This Is How I hoped the "REDWideGamut/ Log3G10 IDT"would work.

here are two Arri files 1) a ARRIRAW HDE( High Density Encoding) File and 2) the same file Transcoded into "ProRes 4444XQ" Log-C in ARRI Raw Converter.

The ARRIRAW HDE file should automatically be properly transformed once it is imported into Resolve. The ARRI ProRes 4444XQ file will need to be transformed with the correct "ACES IDT( Input Device Transform). Both should look the same in the same timeline and they do.

With more research, I found how to get the "REDWideGamut/ Log3G10 IDT" to work the way it should.

1) first, in Redcine-X, you have to use these "Export" settings for "ProRes" export and whatever flavor of ProRes you want..

2) The ProRes File comes into an ACES workflow in Resolve looking like this.

3) Now when you apply the "REDWideGamut/ Log3G10 IDT" from the "ACES Input Transform" menu it looks like this. The Same as the Raw R3d did.

Red Raw. R3D file in Aces Workflow

ProRes Transcoded R3D File with "REDWideGamut/ Log3G10 IDT" applied In ACES workflow

BTW,

You will have to use the "Down-Arrow" key on your keyboard to access any of the IDTs below the "Canon C700 LOG3 Tungsten 2020" IDT. Select any one of the IDTs to the right, then press the "Down-Arrow" key
    Last edited by rand thompson; 03-08-2020 at 11:08 AM.

100% Free Searchable Sound Library - Davinci Resolve 16.2

By
    John’s Films

Does RED SDK 7.2.1 have Metal accelerated debayer/decompression?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    Does RED SDK 7.2.1 have Metal accelerated debayer/decompression?
    It wasn't listed to have it.

Wasn't there a thread where Jarred said they raced to get it in the SDK before RCXp so everyone could take advantage?

I think I believe that was about the Nvidia support for real-time playback of R3d files, If I remember correctly.

But I did find something that supports what you said.