Thread: Redvolt XL refurbishment?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Redvolt XL refurbishment? 
    Hey guys,

Just curious is anyone is refurbishing redvolt xl's I've got a ton of them but like half are blinking the outer leds on the back and the charges vary from 20min-40min of use.

hey i rebuilt a few chrosziel genio batteries, the hardest part was actually getting the battery case open. There are a few videos on youtube that show the process for power tools but its basically the same thing, you just gotta get the case open, and figure out the design, desolder the cells from the circuit board (assuming there is one). get some more batteries spot weld them in the same pattern (ie series/parallel or a combination) then solder the battery pack back onto the circuit boared. I bought a sunko battery spot welder off of amazon and got the replacement cells from mega batteries. they have a options for buying in bulk as well. hope that helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn6ruw_39MM&t=981s
    https://www.amazon.com/battery-Weldi.../dp/B01MF8LKYK
    www.megabatteries.com

I was thinking of going down this route too. The units themselves look glued together, so application of a little heat should have them apart.

The biggest issue I have come across is the use of properitatry Li-On cells. DJI for instance use properitatry cells, which makes re celling close to impossible with in the constraints of the pack housing.

If anyone does get further along, would be interested in the cell details.

I wondered why companies don't recycle their batteries or have trade-in options when they go out. If it's just the cells getting worn out and the hardware is fine then why make extra waste? I don't know about Redvolt XLs but RED Bricks seem to be able to be repaired by some places, albeit for a price.

Anyone know what cells are in the red mini Vlock batteries? Have six of them 4 went sour.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro