Thread: GOOD BYE REDUSER!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 GOOD BYE REDUSER! 
    Ok,
    I guess enough is enough, and time for me to understand the fact that this community no longer welcomes me here.

I can no longer sustain the hidden and not so hidden attacks at every post I make.

So this is my last post to say thank you so much for the years of support and sharing and even thank you to those that abused the shit out of me, bashed me and cyberbullied me on this site and every where else outside of this forum, going as far as sending even anonymous emails trough my site, I am stronger today because of you.

But in saying that am strong, truth is that it hurst to get abused over and over, and seems that some really just do not want to led go.

So I am letting go of Reduser.

Good Bye fellow Redusers!!

Best,
    Ketch

Ketch. You're always welcome here. There was some critical feedback and even advice tossed in there. Though some rather direct/coarse wording, mostly it was related to how it's presented, which is critical when any studio would consider to pick up your project.

If there are personal attacks, PM me or another mod, and we'll dive in.
    Last edited by Phil Holland; 03-22-2020 at 02:29 PM.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

What Phil said...

take a deep breath, and I hope to see you back here tomorrow.

Someone who puts out their hopes and dreams for all to see is always welcome here.
    Always appreciate the colour you bring to this site as you are one of the very early Red adopters.

5. #5 RU without Ketch Rossi???????? 
    FWIW, any online community is going to attract wide range of personalities. Overall, RedUser has maintained a collegial tone - which I would consider an accomplishment.

I hope you reconsider leaving RU. I sympathize with your frustration at how some posters like to grind their axes from their keyboards - it sucks. That said, there are many of us who have great passion for this work and are genuinely interested in supporting fellow creators.

Whatever you decide Ketch, I'm glad that RU facilitated our initial meeting and eventual friendship. You know I wish you only the very best and feel free to reach out to me directly at any time.

Cheers - #19

Bullies want to abuse you. Instead of allowing that, you can use them as your personal motivators. Power up and let the bully eat your dust.

(What I really meant is "Don't expect these abusers to change unless you see them in person and kick them in the teeth by using both feet").

Welcome back Ketch (lol)
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Bye. Maybe start with stopping asking for completely tone deaf unpaid "spec" work and you will get better feedback? (rolls eyes out of my skull)

So sad to see you go Ketch. You've been here for so many years, sharing wisdom and laughter...you will for sure be missed.

With today's world, it's hard to not receive negative comments or attacks...because online, people feel they can say anything - whether good or bad. That's what sucks. Online can be a very belittling and demeaning world that can wreak havoc on the emotional state of the one being attacked. I've been there. It sucks. I can empathize.

Sometimes, you just have to be the better man, so to speak, and let it go, even though it irks every cell in your body.

Again, I hope you hang out...at least a little while longer, since now is the time more than ever before that we need one another - the support, guidance, prayer, someone to vent to, etc. We need to try and stick together, not allow wedges to drive between us. We're all in this together, even though we think we're not. So we should just suck it up and recognize that we're all one big family.
    Chris McKechnie
    Director of Photography
    Email - redepicguy@gmail.com
    Reel - https://vimeo.com/314919326

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    I always liked your contributions, regardless of whether they were relevant to me or not. You're a fun guy!
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)

Senior Member Christopher S Johnson's Avatar
    Hey Ketch, if I can offer some useful advice… This post might be symptomatic of why people were not receptive to your initial post. If you don’t want to use RU anymore, just, don’t. It doesn’t require a big posting about why and a dramatic farewell. When you seek attention, you get it, for better or worse. If you don’t want attention, just don’t seek it.