Thread: Hot Swap Batteries on Epic-X

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bob,

could it be that we're using a battery plate that is connected to the DC in port of the camera ?

I just tested this again with a different brick - same result: camera shuts down when we remove the brick. But if I let the brick drain, the Redvolt then takes over and we can exchange the brick...

Thx
    Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Deckard View Post
    Bob,

could it be that we're using a battery plate that is connected to the DC in port of the camera ?

I just tested this again with a different brick - same result: camera shuts down when we remove the brick. But if I let the brick drain, the Redvolt then takes over and we can exchange the brick...

Thx
    Allen
    It could be the battery plate then. What brand is it? What happens when using the the AC adapter and you remove it while running?

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Bob is right.. I have used a similar v-mount and side handle combo for years and it works seamlessly. As longs the Revolt is charged you can hot swap all you want.
    Epic Dragon 4470,
    Sony Fx9
    Sony a7rII
    Contax Zeiss Primes
    DanaDolly
    tedparkes@rogers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    It could be the battery plate then. What brand is it? What happens when using the the AC adapter and you remove it while running?
    it's a R1 battery plate with a power adapter cable for the DC in port on the Epic. The plate itself works, shows power percentage in Settings > Power.

If I pull the power plug of the battery plate it also shuts off the camera - it does not switch to the Redvolt. Only letting the brick fully drain does that. Weird.