Thread: Monitoring?

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    SmallHD’s Focus Pro page seems to indicate that it can be powered by the Komodo via a 2-pin LEMO cable. Does anyone know if this is true? If so I’ll definitely pull the trigger - I hate having to carry two sets of batteries and chargers just to have a working monitor
    Trevor Meier :: Story & Image
    http://trevormeier.com/
    http://storyspark.ca/

GEMINI #09
    Epic-W, Raven, Epic Dragon
    Proud owner since Red One #182

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Meier View Post
    SmallHD’s Focus Pro page seems to indicate that it can be powered by the Komodo via a 2-pin LEMO cable. Does anyone know if this is true? If so I’ll definitely pull the trigger - I hate having to carry two sets of batteries and chargers just to have a working monitor
    As far as I know, the Komodo has no power output (except potentially from the pogo pins on the top, but that is likely only 5V usb power). I think that lemo is for DSMC2 cameras.

I think to power a display without it's own battery you will need one of the adapter plates coming out with ptap or other type of power outputs. SmallHD never says anything about powering the display from Komodo only, just that it can also be powered from external sources.
    Last edited by andrewhake; 08-12-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toma Milano View Post
    Can anyone recommend cables for the Atomos Shinobi. Current cable not giving me a signal..
    Is your SDI output set to 1080p? Anything higher than that and you likely won't get a signal if using a 3G-SDI cable.

Has anyone had any experience with this SmallHD + Teradek system?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...t_500_kit.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Cohen View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with this SmallHD + Teradek system?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...t_500_kit.html
    I have a regular Bolt 500 XT system and then added the smallHD Focus receiver monitor a few months ago when they had it for half-price at B&H. The first monitor was defective out of the box and had to be exchanged(multiple issues)(Brutality long process with B&H now, because of CV affecting their staffing. Took almost a month)(Iíve gathered that with the Focus Bolts, you either get one that works or you get one thatís junk). Replacement seems to work well. Very streamlined and lightweight compared to rigging a Rx on a dedicated monitor, but reception doesnít seem quite as robust as with a dedicated Rx. When I tested it, I was able to leave the camera/Tx inside my house and go outside with several walls, including brick, between us and still have a solid image. But this is not a long range high powered system. As long as the Focus Bolt works solidly/reliably within 50í or so of the camera, Iím pretty happy.

One other thing, I have several Focus 5 OLEDís and the screen on the Focus Boltís are a little disappointing. Not because theyíre not OLED(I would prefer OLED, though), but because the LCD screens are smaller. You may laugh, but that 1/2Ē difference on a small screen like that is big.

Maybe not the right thread to post on but since we are discussing monitoring here....

Just received my Stormtrooper and have had a chance to get into it a bit and as best I can tell, there's currently no way to get camera info displayed over SDI (i.e. Record tally, ISO, Histogram, etc.). If I'm missing something please let me know. I'm assuming some of this may be coming in future firmware/software updates. Also curious if the SmallHD Focus Pros with RED control will feature some of these readout features.

Got tired of scouring the internet so thought I'd ask here. Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew English View Post
    Maybe not the right thread to post on but since we are discussing monitoring here....

Just received my Stormtrooper and have had a chance to get into it a bit and as best I can tell, there's currently no way to get camera info displayed over SDI (i.e. Record tally, ISO, Histogram, etc.). If I'm missing something please let me know. I'm assuming some of this may be coming in future firmware/software updates. Also curious if the SmallHD Focus Pros with RED control will feature some of these readout features.

Got tired of scouring the internet so thought I'd ask here. Thanks all!
    Not enabled yet. Join the Komodo Facebook Users group For faster response.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Thanks Bob. Don't have Facebook, otherwise I would, but this is helpful.

Has anyone tried using a BNC T-connector with the camera's SDI port to attach two different devices?