Thread: Cine Zoom Lenses for Komodo (Budget Friendly)

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 45 of 45
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by wade john muller View Post
    From my experience with the 50-100, I was pretty hesitant to purchase in the beginning because of the breathing, watching the tests online most shots showed infinity to minimum focus to show the full extent of the breathing, when you actually start shooting with it you don't really notice it for most of your normal shooting only for the occasional huge focus pull you would see it.
    This what I am actually interested in. I mean the examples online are BAD. it's bad, but how bad is it during the real world? Also, I've seen solutions track it pretty easily in Davinci. It's so hard to say. I might hold off on lenses for the Komodo at first and just rent a bunch to see what I like.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole Walliser View Post
    This what I am actually interested in. I mean the examples online are BAD. it's bad, but how bad is it during the real world? Also, I've seen solutions track it pretty easily in Davinci. It's so hard to say. I might hold off on lenses for the Komodo at first and just rent a bunch to see what I like.
    The fujinon are great. Converted to R mount you've got a winner. The Sigma Cines breathe way too much. Its as bad in real life as it is online. They are not parfocal.
    Documentary Cinematographer - NYC Based
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam D. Ouellette View Post
    The fujinon are great. Converted to R mount you've got a winner. The Sigma Cines breathe way too much. Its as bad in real life as it is online. They are not parfocal.
    I can personally vouch that the Sigmas are absolutely parfocal, during our lens check out, they were actually more parfocal then other much more expensive zooms.
    Wade Muller HKSC
    Cinematographer
    WEBSITE - SHOWREEL - INSTAGRAM
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by wade john muller View Post
    I can personally vouch that the Sigmas are absolutely parfocal, during our lens check out, they were actually more parfocal then other much more expensive zooms.
    Weird, maybe it has to do with the specific unit. I went to able cine when they came out and tested them and they were not parfocal. Or maybe they improved them? Probably just a showroom unit that was not up to par. I'll have to give them another shot.
    I have only used their primes in the field.
    Documentary Cinematographer - NYC Based
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #45  
    DZOFILM launched their S35 zooms. 20-55mm & 50-125mm T2.8 Pl mounts
    $4499/$5399 one set. Attractive to me. Phil also has somme feedback on them

    http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...he-Wild/page42
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts