Thread: The ARRI ALEXA is 10 years old

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 The ARRI ALEXA is 10 years old 
    The ARRI ALEXA is 10 years old

By Newsshooter

Article
    https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/05/...-10-years-old/

The most significant Digital Cine camera that has ever been released :)

Vincent,

No matter what others here or elsewhere think of ARRI, you have to "Give the Devil His Due"!

Now let's make up to date cameras. Lol

ARRI Tech Talk Live: 10th Anniversary of ALEXA // English Version

By ARRIChannel

It's interesting that they are working on a new sensor which should come out sometime this year or possibly next year with all that is going on. I was begining to wonder if they would just stick with the ALEV III forever since it's held up so well over the years. I guess they sort of have to as not everyone is going to want to shoot full frame to make Netflix happy. They were talking about a Super 35 sensor though so I wonder if it will be 4:3 for anamorphic lenses as well and S35 is just short hand for a 35mm sensor these days or if they really are just going to start out with Super 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. Bickerstaff View Post
    It's interesting that they are working on a new sensor which should come out sometime this year or possibly next year with all that is going on. I was begining to wonder if they would just stick with the ALEV III forever since it's held up so well over the years. I guess they sort of have to as not everyone is going to want to shoot full frame to make Netflix happy. They were talking about a Super 35 sensor though so I wonder if it will be 4:3 for anamorphic lenses as well and S35 is just short hand for a 35mm sensor these days or if they really are just going to start out with Super 35.
    I think the term "S35" and " Super 35" get thrown around so much these days that you never know . But I think that if anyone from the major manufacturers of high end cameras would stick to adhering to Academy formats standards terminology it would be Arri. I think Red has spoiled us by giving us more than we expect.