Thread: Nikon Z Mount option?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Nikon Z Mount option? 
    Hi, sorry if this has been asked before in the big Komodo thread, but I've been debating getting a Nikon Z6 as an all around camera upgrade from my old Canon 5D Mark II and I've been thinking about the Z mount options out there including the Sony E-mount converter to help with having to buy a whole new set of lens adapters. Naturally, RED went with the RF mount to start but if Komodo is compatible with that mirrorless mount, is there a chance for a Nikon Z mount option?

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Birlew View Post
    Hi, sorry if this has been asked before in the big Komodo thread, but I've been debating getting a Nikon Z6 as an all around camera upgrade from my old Canon 5D Mark II and I've been thinking about the Z mount options out there including the Sony E-mount converter to help with having to buy a whole new set of lens adapters. Naturally, RED went with the RF mount to start but if Komodo is compatible with that mirrorless mount, is there a chance for a Nikon Z mount option?
    I think it'd be impossible without extra optics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flange_focal_distance
    Breonna Taylor's killers still haven't been charged.

http://www.magicgoggles.com : Red Epic Dragon #7703 "Ilsa"

Not going to happen. Besides, Jarred isn't a fan of the Z mount and Nikon anyway.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram