Thread: The First Komodo Out in the Wild

Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Two things going on in this image.
    Thanks-- very useful info!

Didn't realize that the other v-mount solutions don't pass through battery information. The design of the Tilta appeals to me, but when we're talking about a camera uniquely suited to remote operation...

Quote Originally Posted by M Harvey View Post
    Thanks-- very useful info!

Didn't realize that the other v-mount solutions don't pass through battery information. The design of the Tilta appeals to me, but when we're talking about a camera uniquely suited to remote operation...
    Yes. I do find it a bit insane utilizing a DJI RS2 with Komodo and an AF lens that it possible to have a shot fully track and autofocus on you. That was the other part of what I was testing this weekend. Still refining the kit and adapters, but it's a full remote setup that can be managed via apps. And for the savvy, across the world.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Whelp one more surprise.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEu950fnoDd/

That right there is Komodo being controlled through the SmallHD Focus Pro SDI. A new prototype arrive with the cable ports where I like them, hence the rather Terminator-vibe going on here. A very early look, but this is exactly what I've been hoping for really. Combined with the latest beta firmware that dropped with Magnify and all that Komodo is feeling a bit more whole when it comes to just shooting convenience related things.

In the video I'm changing REDCODE RAW Compression, triggering Record, and selecting a LUT via the camera menu though the SmallHD.

I will say, using the SmallHD in tandem with the LCD is pretty neat, mentioned it early, but now with the touch interface things are shaping up. Using the Focus or Exposure Tools on the LCD and having the monitor dedicated to picture is becoming something I'm real fond of.

I'm knee deep in prep for next week's shoot, but this was a nice Friday surprise to poke around with.
    It looks great!
    Phil, can we control the camera via the Small HD by connecting it to the Ext port? Or do we need another external box to make the most out of the Red Protocol?
    DSMC2 Monstro & Helium packages ready to shoot
    Gates Pro Action DSMC2 Water Housing
    SPL DSMC2 Custom Water Housing
    vincentkardasik.com
    Hossegor, France
    Water Cinematography Reel
    Instagram, Twitter and Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by vincent kardasik View Post
    It looks great!
    Phil, can we control the camera via the Small HD by connecting it to the Ext port? Or do we need another external box to make the most out of the Red Protocol?
    Nope. Just need the SmallHD SDI Pro, Cine 7, or the recently announced/released Indie 7 with the correct Komodo cable to the EXT port. If you are using the Wooden Camera B-Box, they have a separate cable for that.

Very easy and pretty simple interface. Once in the monitor and all is plugged in, just select Komodo camera control and you're good to go.

Komodo. The camera of a million monitoring options.

In my kit for monitoring I have:
    - SmallHD Cine 7
    - SmallHD Focus Pro SDI
    - RED Hydrogen One (will likely grab a spare iPhone or something just for this kit)
    - Bolt 4K

As always with me, at least 2X of every cable just in case of chaos.

I'll be adding RED Link into that mix and likely will always live on the camera, but I need to dive into it first.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Nope. Just need the SmallHD SDI Pro, Cine 7, or the recently announced/released Indie 7 with the correct Komodo cable to the EXT port. If you are using the Wooden Camera B-Box, they have a separate cable for that.

Very easy and pretty simple interface. Once in the monitor and all is plugged in, just select Komodo camera control and you're good to go.

Komodo. The camera of a million monitoring options.

In my kit for monitoring I have:
    - SmallHD Cine 7
    - SmallHD Focus Pro SDI
    - RED Hydrogen One (will likely grab a spare iPhone or something just for this kit)
    - Bolt 4K

As always with me, at least 2X of every cable just in case of chaos.

I'll be adding RED Link into that mix and likely will always live on the camera, but I need to dive into it first.
    Good to know, thanks again Phil for sharing all this.
    DSMC2 Monstro & Helium packages ready to shoot
    Gates Pro Action DSMC2 Water Housing
    SPL DSMC2 Custom Water Housing
    vincentkardasik.com
    Hossegor, France
    Water Cinematography Reel
    Instagram, Twitter and Vimeo