Thread: Firmware Updates Back on Red.com?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Firmware Updates Back on Red.com? 
    This feels slightly dumb to ask about but during the beta cameras the firmware updates seemed to have moved to the special Facebook group. I got my Komodo yesterday and was trying to check if my firmware was up to date. The current version listed on Red.com is lower than what's on the camera and is only listed as beta.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm supposed to be requesting entry into the other facebook group or if everything is moving back to red.com (which is what I would expect).

For now my camera is 1.3 and I thiiiink that's the current version. I just wanted to verify that and couldn't.
    Nik Harper

Scarlet-X #221
    Komodo #1510

WWW.LAMARPLUSNIK.COM

Twitter / Instagram / Facebook / Vimeo

Generally speaking you'll see things like:
    - An email blast
    - Jarred posting
    - a REDuser Recon post

When new firmware is available.

Likely the Facebook group is part of this mix now, but don't worry. You'll be very aware when they drop.

The firmware that shipped with the production cameras is slightly different than the pre-pro models like multi-colors and ST cams, I think shortly there will be a new one that gets us all in sync.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Generally speaking you'll see things like:
    - An email blast
    - Jarred posting
    - a REDuser Recon post

When new firmware is available.

Likely the Facebook group is part of this mix now, but don't worry. You'll be very aware when they drop.

The firmware that shipped with the production cameras is slightly different than the pre-pro models like multi-colors and ST cams, I think shortly there will be a new one that gets us all in sync.
    Cool, I figured it would be like DSMC1 but I wanted to make sure and the discrepancy between the site and the camera made me question. Personally I would rather it all be kept on this site or red.com but hey I get it, lots of people on the Facebook group, harder to get them to sign up here etc.

Beyond excited to finally have this camera in my hands. Been missing global shutter for so long.
    Nik Harper

Scarlet-X #221
    Komodo #1510

WWW.LAMARPLUSNIK.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Harper View Post
    I got my Komodo yesterday and was trying to check if my firmware was up to date.
    Quick question if you don't mind? When did you order your Komodo? I'm asking to try to get a bearing on when I will receive mine!
    Scarlet-X 02987 *** Epic-M 00112 *** Komodo XXXXX
    Creative Director for Radiance Film & Digital Cinema 365

Quote Originally Posted by Jamil Stubbs View Post
    Quick question if you don't mind? When did you order your Komodo? I'm asking to try to get a bearing on when I will receive mine!
    Ordered mine the day of release. So maybe a week or so? And shipping was like 2-3 days of that because it was over a weekend. Not bad at all.
    Nik Harper

Scarlet-X #221
    Komodo #1510

WWW.LAMARPLUSNIK.COM