Thread: The First Komodo Out in the Wild

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Thanks Phil!

How are most of you planning to use Komodo? I will primarily use it on travel gigs as a b-cam to my Helium as well as a gimbal cam for those jobs. I’m sooo ready to stop building out on MōVI Pro then breaking down for long interviews only to go back to MōVI Pro at the end of the day.

Phil, have you seen any potential pain points in matching Komodo and Helium, specifically for well lit on location interviews? Also potential for needing to match in camera when recording 4K prores. Speaking of, does Komodo record 4K prores with IPP2(or any other LUT applied) or log like DSMC2?
    Last edited by Andrew R Lewis; 06-01-2020 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
    DSMC2 Helium #000043 "Violet”
    Denton Film, LLC
    WWW.DENTONFILM.COM

[QUOTE=Phil Holland;1899853]Hello all,

A moderate tease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2MrX6sFVJs

- CFast slot having a secure door on it, super bad ass. I don't see any real way to knock that open and it will prevent media falling out as the stunt car slams into the other one. I'm using Angelbird cards mainly if you are curious. I personally don't have anything smaller than 256GB here to test, my main jam is big 1TB cards. Also using their readers for that matter.

--------------------------------

Phil, Does KOMODO have a SSD external option like Pocket6k to have Dual recording Cfast and External SSD when and if needed... ???

Thanks
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    Hydrogen ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Alain M View Post
    Phil, Does KOMODO have a SSD external option like Pocket6k to have Dual recording Cfast and External SSD when and if needed... ???
    I would imagine you could use SDI out to record to an external monitor like shogun or odyssey while recording internally. Maybe you can trigger recording on Komodo through SDI as well?

[QUOTE=Alain M;1900074]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post

Thanks
    Hi,
    I'm not Phil (I know, shocker lol) but I do believe that it does not. Unless you can use the future cradle to USB-C thingy to do that, there's no USB-C port on the camera.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Any .r3ds yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew R Lewis View Post
    How are most of you planning to use Komodo? I will primarily use it on travel gigs as a b-cam to my Helium as well as a gimbal cam for those jobs. I’m sooo ready to stop building out on MōVI Pro then breaking down for long interviews only to go back to MōVI Pro at the end of the day.

Phil, have you seen any potential pain points in matching Komodo and Helium, specifically for well lit on location interviews? Also potential for needing to match in camera when recording 4K prores. Speaking of, does Komodo record 4K prores with IPP2(or any other LUT applied) or log like DSMC2?
    I'm interested in this as well!

I'd love to use the komodo as a Movi B-cam rather than spending the 15ish minutes changing over my gemini for the movi.
    Epic-W Helium turned Gemini #772
    bartcortright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Jarvis View Post
    I would imagine you could use SDI out to record to an external monitor like shogun or odyssey while recording internally. Maybe you can trigger recording on Komodo through SDI as well?
    Yeah... Even though is not a big deal to just use Cfast since is fast enough for a workflow offloading it and reusing it etc...
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    Hydrogen ONE

[QUOTE=Bastien Tribalat;1900079]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alain M View Post

Hi,
    I'm not Phil (I know, shocker lol) but I do believe that it does not. Unless you can use the future cradle to USB-C thingy to do that, there's no USB-C port on the camera.
    Yes, I was thinking about the USB-C specifically... All good anyway if it is just CFast... 1 TB ones is plenty, specially if you do small gigs on ProRes.
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    Hydrogen ONE

Hey Phil congrats on getting the camera, would love to know if you had a chance to test any M mount lenses? I'm curious how the new OLPF plays with M mount glass, Especially wider lenses like the 28mm Summilux.