Thread: Teradek Thumbwheel to GDU handle adapter

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Teradek Thumbwheel to GDU handle adapter 
    So a little over a year ago I learned Fusion360 so I could print an adapter for my Teradek / RT Motion thumbwheel to fit onto my GDU handles. Now with this whole COVID / murder hornets / riots business going on, I actually have time to take proper pics of the kit and see if anyone is interested in it...

With Komodo coming out soon, I am imagining this will help out with the small form factor this camera will provide.

Take a look at the pics and let me know if you have any questions.

Los Angeles | http://www.dcchavez.com | Helium 8K S35 #6284 | Helium 8K S35 #4573 | @dcchavez

Interesting, is it possible to turn it 90c ? You have the thunbwheel for right hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    Interesting, is it possible to turn it 90c ? You have the thunbwheel for right hand.
    The original design was as you suggested, but I found putting it in the front is A)easier to use and B) can be used on either side. If you have a left hand thumbwheel, you can put it on the right side and have access to focus on start stop, as the button would be on the outside. If you REALLY want a side mount, I can make one. I just thought this was a much more elegant solution.
    Los Angeles | http://www.dcchavez.com | Helium 8K S35 #6284 | Helium 8K S35 #4573 | @dcchavez

love it. would like to order, I already have the GDU handle and thumbwheel, are you selling just the adapter?
    www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium

Have you done it in 3D design/printing? Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    love it. would like to order, I already have the GDU handle and thumbwheel, are you selling just the adapter?
    Yessir. Drop me a message and we can go from there... My official "For Sale" Thread is here...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    Have you done it in 3D design/printing? Nice work!
    Yes, I learned how to use Fusion 360 to design this and then 3D printed it out of ABS here at my house on a Qidi X1 Pro machine. :)

Hats off!!!

Impressive! How long in months or hours would you say it took to learn the ropes and print the product?

Quote Originally Posted by Vileta View Post
    Impressive! How long in months or hours would you say it took to learn the ropes and print the product?
    Thank you... It takes a while of printing different things with various print settings to get a solid print on the 3D printer. ABS is especially finicky with build plate adhesion and maintaining heat in the printer to prevent it from warping while printing...

Regarding learning Fusion 360- it took me a while, as it is a whole different language. Knowing I want to do something vs finding the proper tool to do so took me a bit to navigate.