Thread: RF 24-70mm or EF 24-70mm?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    One exception and probably the best bang for the buck for Komodo is the EF-S 17-55mm f2.8. Per discussions with Canon reps this lens was actually built to L lens specs/build quality but they only use the L designation for full frame lenses. The 17-55 will work with the EF-RF adaptors (previously you couldn't use EF-S lenses on Canon full frame lenses because there is a mechanical stop that prevents it - although they work fine on non-Canon EF mounts like the RED canon mounts.)
    Yeah that lens would be a nice fit, good size aswell. my only concern would being able to adjust aperture on the komodo though... or do you think it would be able? autofocus isn't essential

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Just decide between either having a RF to EF adapter with internal ND or the benefit of the faster aperture on the RF 24-70. A RF to EF adapter that's active should transfer aperture and autofocus just like on the Canon R.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

What you have to consider here, is future proofing and the future of RF. I personally believe that one of the most valuable parts of the Komodo is the RF Mount as it can be used with adapters to almost any lens mount there is. I really believe that because of this you should really look into RF only glass. Id strongly recommend the 24-105 f4 RF since it is super light and has a great range without sacrificing sharpness and detail. But if you need a prime killing zoom and dont really mind weight or a huge lens diameter (compared to other photo lenses) then look no further then the 28-70 f2! Its great and is absolutely one of if not my favorite lens to use on my eos r right now
    DoP at Cortex Films
    Calgary, Alberta