Thread: Censorship on the "RED Komodo Uses" facebook group

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64
  1. #21  
    Senior Member Donald MJ Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    that is not censorship. You need to educate yourself before accusing someone of censorship.

    Can the moderators just lock this thread or delete it?
    Chris...Not sure if you`re serious or indulging in some great parody.

    To the OP; you have the answer - start an alternative facebook group. If the mods are as heavy handed as you say, people will come.
    Red One #3**
    Epic-W
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Member Tim Daust's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    550
    just thought I would share what Jarred Land said about this situation in the group.




    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Freedom of speech does not mean you can speak however you want. Freedom of speech as a law has to do with governments censoring their people. If a group specifically aimed at discussing cameras and having guidelines for discussions and someone breaks those or cannot behave respectfully, that is not censorship. You need to educate yourself before accusing someone of censorship.

    Can the moderators just lock this thread or delete it?


    I appreciate that perspective



    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz Nizielski View Post
    for clarification, I was removed from the group for this post:



    do you see any kind of gibberish or anything else that authorizes the admin to remove me from the group?
    now that just isnt true. You have a screen shot that paints a narrative sure. That was not your first or only comment in regards to why you got removed.
    Last edited by Tim Daust; 06-12-2020 at 09:41 PM.
    Tim Daust
    Reelmind Studios
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 #6197 "Wicked"
    DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 #15175 "Jade"
    KOMODO 6K #0011 "Tangie"
    @TimDaust @ReelmindStudios
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Daust View Post
    now that just isnt true. You have a screen shot that paints a narrative sure. That was not your first or only comment in regards to why you got removed.
    now you're just lying, this is the only thing I posted on this forum over the past week. I was in the middle of writing the second post, but you deleted the topic, luckily I had a conversation in the second tab, so I could take a screenshot. There is nothing negative in this post, it's just the truth, I didn't offend anyone, so why did you remove it?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Yet we continue to "demand" footage and tests and these kind and sharing souls go the extra mile to please us!
    To Philip, Tim, Philip, Curtis, Jason and everyone else joining their ranks, Thank you for taking us along for this awesome ride!!!
    Now, go break that camera!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member Audy Erel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Jakarta-Bandung, Indonesia (Bali)
    Posts
    264
    This kind of thing turns me off big time.
    SCARLET-W #004760
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Freedom of speech does not mean you can speak however you want. Freedom of speech as a law has to do with governments censoring their people. If a group specifically aimed at discussing cameras and having guidelines for discussions and someone breaks those or cannot behave respectfully, that is not censorship. You need to educate yourself before accusing someone of censorship.
    Read again what I wrote and tell me where I broke the guidelines of discussions. This was the only thing I posted on the forum in recent days and the only reason why I was removed from the group.

    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Can the moderators just lock this thread or delete it?

    It's funny that you write about freedom of speech and then you try to limit my freedom of speech. It's called "hypocrisy"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member Aaron Lochert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz Nizielski View Post
    It's funny that you write about freedom of speech and then you try to limit my freedom of speech. It's called "hypocrisy"
    He was talking about freedom of speech because he said you're not entitled to freedom of speech in a Facebook group. You're also not entitled to freedom of speech on a camera forum like this one. Take it or leave it but that's just how these things work.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz Nizielski View Post
    Read again what I wrote and tell me where I broke the guidelines of discussions. This was the only thing I posted on the forum in recent days and the only reason why I was removed from the group.

    It's funny that you write about freedom of speech and then you try to limit my freedom of speech. It's called "hypocrisy"
    Having read it enough times already, I can see that there might be a language barrier that may have caused some sort of misunderstanding, but you may want to adjust your approach.

    Please understand that this is a private group, filled to the rafters with creatives who wish to contribute in any way possible, but as creatives, we will be turned off by non-constructive criticism.
    And just as REDuser, they are both governed by rules we must all adhere to and respect.

    From nearly two decades of experience, if you have an issue, it is much better if you take it up with the moderators privately.
    Also, be advised that making public uninformed and divisive posts is a surefire way to get more backlash...

    And keep in mind that you can be a much better critic if you don't ignore all the facts.

    Please be considerate of your fellow REDuser/facebook group users and the rules governing each.
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz Nizielski View Post
    Read again what I wrote and tell me where I broke the guidelines of discussions. This was the only thing I posted on the forum in recent days and the only reason why I was removed from the group.
    I can make a statistical probability chart about members of communities showing the probability of someone being an asshole. Tim has a low probability based on years of interaction on this site. New users, unknown users have a higher probability since there's no data on their behavior.

    When someone new is word against word towards a respected member in terms of behavior and the post-ban behavior of the new person is to act out with rage and disrespectful blame-game rather than a friendly question about the level of criticism that is allowed on the group page he was banned from, that person is indeed not making the case for himself.

    Right now, you use cherry-picked "evidence" to prove your innocence, but the truth is I cannot quantify any of it into either guilt or non-guilt justifying a ban. What I can do, however, is to look at how you behave now and how the discussion goes around this thing. Everything points to unprofessional behavior.

    It's ironic that the way you defend yourself with the idea of actually being professional is in the unprofessional way of officially calling out someone for doing censorship. There's no polite question, there's no referring to Tim as just "moderator", there's no clear understanding of what "professional behavior" actually means.

    So by the acts of this thread alone, you've already and unintentionally by yourself, proven the reason why you were banned. If this is how you conduct online communication, why would I believe you to act in any different way in the earlier deleted posts?




    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz Nizielski View Post
    It's funny that you write about freedom of speech and then you try to limit my freedom of speech. It's called "hypocrisy"
    Yeah, because I know what the thing means and how it works, you clearly don't. Moderators can do whatever they want on this forum, they can take down and lock posts and threads that they deem irrelevant to what this forum is about. That you write a fellow member-bashing post and scream about censorship in the Komodo section of this forum that's supposed to focus on the camera, not personal attacks or issues that has nothing to do with the camera per say, means that you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

    Freedom of speech is still something related to government control of speech. The term is so overly misunderstood and misused today as a tool for people who use it as a defensive shield whenever they want to write their bullshit online. As someone decently schooled in philosophy and philosophy of politics, it makes my eyes roll when I hear people use the term in the way you do. It's the entitled-type defense when the truth might just be that you aren't adequately educated on the meaning of the term and you aren't socially skilled enough to be able to write criticism of a camera in a way that is professional.

    I'd recommend reading Karl Popper if you want to balance your personal concept of freedom of speech and also take a step back and really to scrutinize how you write things and how you handle things in this thread. The only thing I see so far is narcissism.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald MJ Anderson View Post
    Chris...Not sure if you`re serious or indulging in some great parody.
    The parody is that people can't understand the difference between those two sentences. People have made up their own ideas as to what freedom of speech is and do not seem to understand that if you go into a bar and say whatever you want claiming defense in form of freedom of speech, you will be kicked out or banned from that bar and there's no unlawful censorship taking place. People seem to forget that just because they are online, they don't own the place they're writing within and the owners of that space can do whatever they want with your existence there if they feel you break their rules of conduct.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600
    Reply With Quote  
     

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts