Thread: DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.2.3 released

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.2.3 released 
    We are pleased to announce the release of DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.2.3 which improves performance and addresses a few issues based on customer feedback. Thank you for your feedback and especially to those who have the preferences option to auto report issues and check for updates.

This is a no charge update for existing customers who can download this release from our support page.

We recommend that you back up all active databases and current projects before upgrading to this release and encourage you to update your v16 systems to v16.2.3.

What's new in DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3
    Support for Dolby Vision 4.1 CM algorithm to generate v2.9 trims from v4.
    Option to export a Dolby Vision v2.9 XML from a v4 project.
    Support for RED SDK 7.3.2.
    Faster Metal decoding for Canon EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5 clips.
    Addressed incorrect playback for some ARRIRAW clips.
    Addressed an issue with ACES IDTs for some ARRI MXF clips.
    Addressed a focus and text entry issue for editable media pool fields.
    Addressed an issue rippling audio extend edits in trim mode.
    Addressed display issues with track and edit index in Fairlight page.
    Addressed a layered editing issue when cloning audio clips.
    Addressed incorrect behavior moving tracks over linked audio tracks.
    Addressed incorrect masking in Text+ when using image shading.
    Addressed incorrect behavior deleting gradient points in inspector.
    Addressed multiple issues with blank Fusion previews.
    Addressed an issue persisting viewer LUTs with comps in Fusion page.
    Addressed an issue with offline reference wipe sizing in the viewer.
    Multiple performance and stability improvements.

Thanks Peter!!

Until it shows up on the "Support" Page, you can download it here at the top of the page under the "Davinci Resolve 16" heading.
    https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...avinciresolve/
    Last edited by rand thompson; 06-17-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Just updated from 16.1.. to 16.2.3 and some clips in timelines gets offline. I cant even add the clip back.
    But I still se them as online in the media pool thumbnails wich still scrubs them. An I can dubbel click it in the bin and look at it playing normal. But it still says media offline in the timeline.

I can drag it from the bin to the timeline and it works....But I have not found a out why it says media offline in the first place. I don like to manually switching out clips. Maby it will mess up onther clip next time i start a project.

Edit.
    I restarted the project a couple of times with no different result. But I then turned of the r3d decompression and only used the debayer. Same problem. I than swithced back to the decompression and debayer (restarting program after each change). When I started up this time all files were loaded normal agian. Hope this helps somebody.

I got an suggestion to delete the cache, wich had probely been a great advice. But it seams to work now.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Does RED SDK 7.3.2 have better metal performance of .r3d decompression?

Only gripe is that I'm still looking for a quick/easy "snapshot" style button that outputs a full-debayer, full resolution still frame in a user-selected format to a user selected location, regardless of the project settings. The current implementation of "grabbing a still" and then having to export that still (which goes with a sidecar file) is quite cumbersome. Plus you have to have the footage/project set to full-res debayer and the playback proxy at off, otherwise it'll come out pixelated/low res (something that no one ever wants).

Seam like I have to rollback anyway. It hangs on export=(, its a pity. I got it to export 25 frames or so with the new chroma noisereduction. But after that it gave just error frames. After i turned of the nr. I hade only frozen workstation.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

16.2.3 has been a seamless and fine upgrade for me (OSX Catalina, with and without RR-X).
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

The very first thing I disable in the Red Raw settings under "Camera Raw" in the "Project Settings" tab is the "Chroma Noise Reduction" box. It's damn near a guarantee that you will have some kind of Error message or problem with it enabled. I think it just over-works the program with it on.
    Last edited by rand thompson; 06-24-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    The very first thing I disable in the Red Raw settings under "Camera Raw" in the "Project Settings" tab in the "Chroma Noise Reduction" box. It's damn near a guarantee that you will have some kind of Error message or problem with it enabled. I think it just over-works the program with it on.
    The Chroma nr was the first thing i turned on and to my supprize it did not seam to tax the workstaion so much. But cant seam to render anything out with it. Or perhaps I did get 25 frames out with that on. Some times playbacks locks and i have to restart the mediaserver...
    I never had to do that ever before. So something iffy is it with 16.2.3

I have given up on the chroma nr by now. Exporting h264 seams fine. But exr seams to crash alot.

DVR 16.1.2.026 was stable. Is it just to uninstall the program and reinstall the old older version? and import my backuped database to get back to 16.1.2.026? I made a copy of my luts. Is it anyting else to think about before rolling back? Does my old database hold my shortcuts and export presets?
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Joel,

I don't see why you couldn't just do that, but if you used a unique feature that was part on the latest version the old version might have some issue..or not. Also backup your database before you do. You shouldn't have any shortcut or export setting problems I wouldn't think. The way I have always uninstalled and installed Resolve was to first uninstall then restart then install and restart

Thanks Randy I likely rollback tomorrow evening. As much as I want it to work it seams to be a buggy release. Freezing my workstation and forcing me to reboot media server to get the playback back ..I never had to restart the server to get the playback going. Footage that shows up as offline. To name a few. Was this beta release? Usually I don't have any problems with davincis updates.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069