Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Getting closer... Komodo Update

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #1 Getting closer... Komodo Update 
    Hey all just thought I would give a quick update.

Its been a catchup week for Komodo, the incredible work from many of you that have received your Komodos in the customer beta team who have been banging on their cameras have been overwhelming ( in a good way ) so last week we slowed down building cameras for the engineers to catch up so they could get as many hardware updates and bug fixes into the new software build that now is going out to the testers over the next few hours today. Mikael is pumping out new RED CONTROL ( fool control ) builds almost daily and the progress he is making is pretty incredible.

I can however share with you the planned next color now… although as we rapidly get closer and closer to pulling the trigger on Stormtroopers I am not sure if we will actually get to this color. That’s why I am naming this color “ Bye Bye Blue “ as at the end of next week after we finish a massive internal test pilot run and our engineers will make the call if we keep going down the custom color path , or if we stop and roll over into preparing for the white cameras production.

Right now with the guidance of the government we have the first week of July for the next Covid phase for a larger reopening of our factory , which means if we make that “start the presses” call next week we will take the last few days of June and the first week of July to prep and ramp up, the following 2 weeks to build an army of stormtroopers and once engineering and manufacturing gives the “ ship em “ approval, ALL of you will be part of it.

Either way I will update you all again next Friday(ish) . It’s kind of good news either way… but given how long the colored camera list as grown you probably will want to hear white cameras coming instead of blue as your odds quickly go from less than 1% to almost 100%.

All of you that have emailed me at jarred@red.com and have been put on the list for a color camera will immediately be put at the front of the line for stormtroopers. I will close that list down next week if we do go forward with stormtroopers and I will make sure we make enough for everyone on the list that wants to buy one. If you think you are on the list and didn’t get an email from me in the last hour, please email me again because once that list is closed its closed and the I just blasted out so man emails I am pretty sure that I have been flagged by every major spam filter now. Of course, you can always wait to order from either RED or a selected dealer when this all becomes more “official”

Jarred

This is great. I responded to the email, hopeful for blue but if it’s Stormtrooper than that’ll have to do.

It’s really more about getting one ASAP rather than color.

Thanks to you and your team, Jarred.
    DSMC2 Helium #000043 "VioletĒ
    Denton Film, LLC
    WWW.DENTONFILM.COM

Pop an orange stripe on for Gulf racing colour scheme :P

Excited to know things are progressing well.
    KipperTie - Authorised RED Rental, Pinewood Studios, UK
    Ready to hire: Monstro 8K VV | Gemini 5K | Helium Monochrome 8K
    Check out our Revolva ND solution, OLPFs and other products

Quote Originally Posted by John Marchant View Post
    Pop an orange stripe on for Gulf racing colour scheme :P

Excited to know things are progressing well.
    Had the exact same thought ...and intention to 'pimp' if I should get my hands on one of those racing Komodos :)

Damn, Love it! Such as life....

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    I will make sure we make enough for everyone on the list that wants to buy one.
    I was stoked when I saw this bit in the email. You're the man, Jarred!
    Scarlet-W

Reminds me of the Ford GT 40 classic blue.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

@Jarredland Iím excited that the storm troopers are coming as that must mean the production version of this camera is not too far off. That said, does the production version have to be limited to black only? Iím not sure the world is crying out for yet another black camera body? Red for Red might work? Or a combination of black with color accents? In any case, Iím liking what Iím seeing after playing with some footage.

Same vibes on that Ford. Grab a little tape and boom stripe it up. Orange and blue do work so well together :)
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Wasn't the Orange on whole of the front bumper on the GT 40 and not just a stripe.

Last edited by rand thompson; 06-21-2020 at 06:38 PM.