Thread: Scatter - Physically accurate diffusion

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Scatter - Physically accurate diffusion 
    Hi all! Im one half of Video Village, and the creator of Screen and Lattice - hopefully youve heard of one or the other by now!

Weve just released Scatter, a plugin for Resolve that accurately reproduces the effects of real optical diffusion filters on scene-referred footage.

Weve gone to great lengths to make sure Scatter behaves just like the real thing. Intensity and spatial falloff are empirically mapped according to scene radiance to match a range of popular filter families and strengths. Its color neutral, keyframe-able, mask-able, highlight-adjustable, and plays nice with VFX.

Scatter is super fast and supports all major camera color spaces along with DaVinci Intermediate and ACES.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions!

Greg

Wow, very interesting. Also, I noticed pricing might have some irony built in as it is about the average price for one 4x5.65 filter. Curious to check this out.
    Steve Sherrick

Nice!
    Epic-X Dragon #8014

Very cool, very interesting just looking at the diff chart.

If I don't want consistency across focal lengths, can I dial that in too? I use a lot of Classic Soft and it has a different feeling telephoto. I figure this can't be that hard to implement, just scale up the model by X percent.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt W. View Post
    Very cool, very interesting just looking at the diff chart.

If I don't want consistency across focal lengths, can I dial that in too? I use a lot of Classic Soft and it has a different feeling telephoto. I figure this can't be that hard to implement, just scale up the model by X percent.

Yes! We have a focal length slider that's calibrated for s35mm.

I wish there was a trial version

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

I think a trial would be great as post diffusion can be a very subjective endeavor. Maybe a temp license for REDusers? I think a lot of people here would be very interested and would buy this if it's a great product, which based on your other products I think it has great potential.
    Steve Sherrick

Def needs a trial version

You’d get more buyers that way if it’s truly a good product

I love lattice
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM

Looks nice but Mac-only is a very tough sell.

I use a MacBook Pro on set but would want my filters / looks to carry across to the "real" Resolve systems I run at home and at work which are fast PCs with powerful NVIDIA cards.

Fingers crossed you guys make proper cross-platform versions of all of your plugins.

I do put my money where my mouth is - own Sapphire, Boris, FilmConvert, Neat Video etc.

I also own Lattice which you guys make - love it, have made you guys some Mac sales and if you offered a Windows version I could have been able to make you guys a bunch more Windows sales.

Bruce Allen
    www.bruceallen.tv

Mac-only an increasingly tough sell since MacPro is such an orphan in Apple family. Yes, new Mac silicon is exciting for people who like razor-thin laptops. Yes, you can get a new new MacPro that, at 3x the price, was competitive with PCs last year. But OMG is Apple testing the Resolve of the Mac Resolve users!
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"