Thread: Color corrected Komodo R3D's (TIFF POSTED before / after

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Color corrected Komodo R3D's (TIFF POSTED before / after 
    So I've was frustrated with the overall looks that I've seen posted on youtube and such from komodo first footage. I knew the camera had more dynamic range and better skintons than what I was seeing, so I finally got my hands on some R3D's and did my own colorist touch on them for a more natural look.

No LUT's used, just simply making adjustments to the original R3D files to give a look that shows off dynamic range and more accurate color in a less hyped way. I do not own the original images, and will take them down if the owners want to, but I'm hoping this allows people to view images without crushed looks.

[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'll be adding more as I do color correction to more R3D's I find. Hope this helps anyone looking for something like this.
    Last edited by Joesef o.; 06-28-2020 at 10:40 AM.

Looks great and natural. Resolve or ?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Roberts View Post
    Looks great and natural. Resolve or ?
    Thanks, just simply using REDCINE X PRO and altering the RAW files within the program.

Yes, there's plenty of info in the R3Ds. That's why seeing the original RAW files is so important rather than judging based on graded footage. I've already had a play with them in Resolve, run them through ACES, etc. Short of shooting the test yourself where you have full control, this is as close as one can get to testing the range of the camera.

Thanks to the guys who have posted R3Ds! Appreciate your efforts.
    Steve Sherrick

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherrick View Post
    Yes, there's plenty of info in the R3Ds. That's why seeing the original RAW files is so important rather than judging based on graded footage. I've already had a play with them in Resolve, run them through ACES, etc. Short of shooting the test yourself where you have full control, this is as close as one can get to testing the range of the camera.

Thanks to the guys who have posted R3Ds! Appreciate your efforts.
    Yep I agree, thats what makes R3D raw files so great, this really helped me actually make a decision on purchasing one, and i'm awaiting my order confirmation from red for the stormtrouper. This is super important for everyone to get their hands on RAW footage vs youtube clips.

Really appreciate what you've done with these and agree that this approach is harder to find fault with, for those who always seem too eager to find it. The potential DR and color fidelity are clearly on display here i think.
    Also wish people would post test footage more on Vimeo than U-tube.