Thread: KOMODO Price?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 KOMODO Price? 
    Hey so Iíve heard a lot of people stating that the ST and CC KOMODOs are 7,000.00 USD

Do we have a full price of the regular models yet?

Itís still really early so Iím not too sure if this can be shared yet but I am wondering what I will be paying for one (or more) black KOMODOs
    DoP at Cortex Films
    Calgary, Alberta

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    The final official release goes for under $5000 with the Hydrogen discount. Based on Jarreds earlier post, that means literary just under, so $4995 would be a good guess. Regular version of the official release should be reasonable to assume between $6000-$6500, since the discount should approximately match what people bought the hydrogen for or at least it won't be over $1500.

So my best assumption would be $6500 for the regular official release non-discount version.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Last I remember from Jarred is $1k discount for hydrogen owners for one Komodo by registered serial number. Target release price is $6k ish, but will be determined by project cost. He also said that he is losing thousands on each of the beta version cameras but considers it worth it for the feed back.
    Those are apparently being hand assembled and tested by his engineering team, so associated labor costs would much higher than full assembly line production.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Burns View Post
    Hey so I’ve heard a lot of people stating that the ST and CC KOMODOs are 7,000.00 USD

Do we have a full price of the regular models yet?

It’s still really early so I’m not too sure if this can be shared yet but I am wondering what I will be paying for one (or more) black KOMODOs
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    The final official release goes for under $5000 with the Hydrogen discount. Based on Jarreds earlier post, that means literary just under, so $4995 would be a good guess. Regular version of the official release should be reasonable to assume between $6000-$6500, since the discount should approximately match what people bought the hydrogen for or at least it won't be over $1500.

So my best assumption would be $6500 for the regular official release non-discount version.
    Obviously things can change, but right now it looks like $6K for a regular production black Komodo and the Hydrogen discount(stated as $1K) will net you a $5K Komodo.

I hope they keep it a $6000

Otherwise I would of put myself on the stormtrooper list when I had a chance. I only didn’t to save a bit of coin cos I didn’t need it yet. I know it’s never been ‘fact’ but $6000 for the production models has always been the number floating around and often mentioned as ‘the’ cost. Hope it’s $6000.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stanley View Post
    I hope they keep it a $6000

Otherwise I would of put myself on the stormtrooper list when I had a chance. I only didn’t to save a bit of coin cos I didn’t need it yet. I know it’s never been ‘fact’ but $6000 for the production models has always been the number floating around and often mentioned as ‘the’ cost. Hope it’s $6000.
    Me too! $6k pushes my budget limits pretty hard. Really works out to $8k give or take with some C-Fast 2 cards and a couple of lens adapters. Fortunately that is all I should need. Everything else necessary to shoot it is in my current inventory.

Trying to find out how EDU discount will work for Hydrogen owner , still no answer (lol)
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Hopefully Red does the right thing and drops their prices.

That’s what the Red One was, that’s what got Epic-W in a lot of hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post

A Helium Brain is still $20k+ whereas Komodo is being suggested at nearly a quarter of that price? How much further do they need to go?!

cheers
    Paul
    -------------------
    insta: @paul.inventome

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post

What???? umm ... If you can't afford the Komodo, then it's not the right camera for you.

Quote Originally Posted by paulcurtis View Post
    A Helium Brain is still $20k+ whereas Komodo is being suggested at nearly a quarter of that price? How much further do they need to go?!

cheers
    Paul
    Exactly. Komodo is an AMAZING price for what I paid for my stormtrooper version at $7K so yeah. RED doesn't need to give their cameras away.
    Cinematographer and gaffer for 16 years. Working in TV and feature films.

Authorized dealer for over 100 brands of Audio / Video gear and accessories including Teradek, Vazen, Tokina, AngelBird, Black Magic Design, Oconnor, Anton Bauer, SmallHD, Steadicam, Litepanels, Sachtler, and more!

GEAR: RED Komodo Stormtrooper, Cooke 20-100, Canon FD SSC (K35) Primes, RED Pro Primes, RED 17-50.

Reels and info:
    www.NYCinematography.com

CEO of sales company:
    www.EverestStudios.TV