Thread: Komodo Confirmation Email replay info?

Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Boria View Post
    I know the week has just started and I know Jarred mention Clark added a couple people to assist him with the process I would think it would kick up communication but only time will tell I guess.
    We are all on the same boat, but to quote Jarred, "VIRUS, VIRUS, VIRUS!!!

For those unaware, over the past 24 hours, the city of LA has reported high numbers of new Covid-19 cases and there's serious talk about further shutdown orders...
    Fingers crossed, that the RED Team (and everyone else really) is staying safe!
    From what we heard, things are still moving forward and those on the list will get a ST.
    And since Clark is getting an assist, we can only hope that the RED Team can weather the storm and get those stormtroopers out there and into our waiting hands!
    Time does not matter, only life matters.
    It's been a rollercoaster so far and we have waited so long that I'm sure a few more days wont make much of a difference :)
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Got my payment instructions email from Clark this morning. Paid over the phone with him an hour or so later.

So far I'm scheduled to pick up at RED studios this weekend but don't have an assigned time yet.

He's working down the list so stay patient and check your email a couple times a day at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bishop View Post
    Got my payment instructions email from Clark this morning. Paid over the phone with him an hour or so later.

So far I'm scheduled to pick up at RED studios this weekend but don't have an assigned time yet.

He's working down the list so stay patient and check your email a couple times a day at least.
    How far along in the email response time are you? That can help us narrow down where we all stand
    Cinematographer and gaffer for 16 years. Working in TV and feature films.

Authorized dealer for over 100 brands of Audio / Video gear and accessories including Teradek, Vazen, Tokina, AngelBird, Black Magic Design, Oconnor, Anton Bauer, SmallHD, Steadicam, Litepanels, Sachtler, and more!

GEAR: RED Komodo Stormtrooper, Cooke 20-100, Canon FD SSC (K35) Primes, RED Pro Primes, RED 17-50.

Reels and info:
    www.NYCinematography.com

CEO of sales company:
    www.EverestStudios.TV

Quote Originally Posted by J. Orlandi View Post
    How far along in the email response time are you? That can help us narrow down where we all stand
    J, I understand you are extremely excited for your Stormtrooper and so am I (and everyone waiting for Clark and his team to reach out to us). But trying to narrow down the response time will only cause more confusion as there were several email blasts and it is impossible to pinpoint in which group each one of us belongs.
    I responded immediately, but I could just as well be on the last email blast, as I could be on the first, or anywhere in-between.

Thankfully everyone on the Stormtrooper list has heeded Jarred's advice and we haven't planned any shoots hinging around the Komodo delivery.
    Basically it's down to the equivalent of Christmas eve (or your holiday of choice) waiting for Santa to deliver our presents.
    The seemingly chaotic but highly optimised pattern by which Santa has planned his route to achieve optimal distances between chimneys around the world to deliver to each kid on the same night is the closest I can liken to Clark's work.
    You know you will get it, it's only a matter of time. And it could very well be right before dawn and you'd likely have fallen asleep next to the milk and cookies.

Only on this case it's not limited by time, but by Stormtrooper devices. And all of us on the list have been allocated one! And Clark is on it! ;)

Just trying to save us all the confusion.

And while we wait, we can shop around for the multitude of accessories by GDU, Mark, Tilta, the great offers by the FB group, or even start a scavenger hunt for those elusive BP-955 and BP-975 Canon batteries!
    H4Vuser

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    J, I understand you are extremely excited for your Stormtrooper and so am I (and everyone waiting for Clark and his team to reach out to us). But trying to narrow down the response time will only cause more confusion as there were several email blasts and it is impossible to pinpoint in which group each one of us belongs.
    I responded immediately, but I could just as well be on the last email blast, as I could be on the first, or anywhere in-between.

Thankfully everyone on the Stormtrooper list has heeded Jarred's advice and we haven't planned any shoots hinging around the Komodo delivery.
    Basically it's down to the equivalent of Christmas eve (or your holiday of choice) waiting for Santa to deliver our presents.
    The seemingly chaotic but highly optimised pattern by which Santa has planned his route to achieve optimal distances between chimneys around the world to deliver to each kid on the same night is the closest I can liken to Clark's work.
    You know you will get it, it's only a matter of time. And it could very well be right before dawn and you'd likely have fallen asleep next to the milk and cookies.

Only on this case it's not limited by time, but by Stormtrooper devices. And all of us on the list have been allocated one! And Clark is on it! ;)

Just trying to save us all the confusion.

And while we wait, we can shop around for the multitude of accessories by GDU, Mark, Tilta, the great offers by the FB group, or even start a scavenger hunt for those elusive BP-955 and BP-975 Canon batteries!
    Although I agree with everything you said it is a tough thing to do given all the pics Jarred is sharing doesn't make the waiting game any better. Don't get me wrong I appreciate all the updates he shares but when you see a photo of 100 Stormtrooper makes you wonder is it 100 people on the list or more and if it is more then I guess the wait could be much longer as we don't know how many were made.
    DPCHASE.COM
    @INSTAGRAM
    RED KOMODO #000096

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    But trying to narrow down the response time will only cause more confusion as there were several email blasts and it is impossible to pinpoint in which group each one of us belongs.
    actually I believe that is the whole point of this thread, is to figure out where you are in your spot compared to others and you can then deduce from that a logical position you are in vs blind. So I disagree completely. It's helping people who don't want to email and bother Clark or Jarred who are trying to get things done, with questions about where they are in the list.

Also a major update for me is I spoke to Clark after adding some cables to my order, I simply asked him a ball park for my position to finalize payment and shipping, and he told me "end of this weekend".

So for me hopefully looks like my order will be in and shipping next week if no snags are hit.
    Cinematographer and gaffer for 16 years. Working in TV and feature films.

Authorized dealer for over 100 brands of Audio / Video gear and accessories including Teradek, Vazen, Tokina, AngelBird, Black Magic Design, Oconnor, Anton Bauer, SmallHD, Steadicam, Litepanels, Sachtler, and more!

GEAR: RED Komodo Stormtrooper, Cooke 20-100, Canon FD SSC (K35) Primes, RED Pro Primes, RED 17-50.

Reels and info:
    www.NYCinematography.com

CEO of sales company:
    www.EverestStudios.TV

actually I believe that is the whole point of this thread, is to figure out where you are in your spot compared to others and you can then deduce from that a logical position you are in vs blind. So I disagree completely. It's helping people who don't want to email and bother Clark or Jarred who are trying to get things done, with questions about where they are in the list.

Also a major update for me is I spoke to Clark after adding some cables to my order, I simply asked him a ball park for my position to finalize payment and shipping, and he told me "end of this weekend".

So for me hopefully looks like my order will be in and shipping next week if no snags are hit.
    Thank you for the update as you said it does help knowing something.
    DPCHASE.COM
    @INSTAGRAM
    RED KOMODO #000096

Thanks for the update J. Orlandi. Glad to hear something regarding the KOMODO order. Roughly when you received your previous email from Clark so that we can estimate ours.?

Got my 'finalize payment' email this morning at 2AM PST

Does this man even sleep? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Helms View Post
    ...Does this man even sleep? :)
    I don’t think they programmed that function
    H4Vuser