Thread: Vaxis Storm 800 + 2000

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Vaxis Storm 800 + 2000 
    Hey! if you guys saw the REDUCATION series I helped RED put together a few days ago I highlighted / showcased the VAXIS wireless video system and it's has been rock solid on every job I've taken it out on. They're actually doing a special promo right now on B&H and as well as some others. Just thought I'd throw it out there because it's a great time to pick one up if you've been on the fence about wireless.
    If you have any questions about the systems, let me know!

I have the 3000 and 1000. Solid!

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Keaton Bowlby View Post
    Hey! if you guys saw the REDUCATION series I helped RED put together a few days ago I highlighted / showcased the VAXIS wireless video system and it's has been rock solid on every job I've taken it out on. They're actually doing a special promo right now on B&H and as well as some others. Just thought I'd throw it out there because it's a great time to pick one up if you've been on the fence about wireless.
    If you have any questions about the systems, let me know!
    Saw that you shouted us out!!! Thanks Keaton! and yes, we're doing a special for Fourth of July and Vaxis' 2000 days in business. Exclusive for REDUSERS, we'll throw in our Vaxis Channel Scanner 2.0 that will let you scan Vaxis and other frequencies as well!

Atom 500 - $299 (MSRP $480)
    Storm 800 - $1299 (MSRP $1880)
    Storm 2000 - $2099 (MSRP $3980)

Quote Originally Posted by Keaton Bowlby View Post
    Hey! if you guys saw the REDUCATION series I helped RED put together a few days ago !
    Keaton, can you provide a link to that particular video? I looked hard but couldn't find it.

For the uninitiated, is this tool primary for remote monitoring and different models have better strength? I found the website to be lacking typical product info. Sorry if this is basic for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Roberts View Post
    Keaton, can you provide a link to that particular video? I looked hard but couldn't find it.

For the uninitiated, is this tool primary for remote monitoring and different models have better strength? I found the website to be lacking typical product info. Sorry if this is basic for everyone else.
    I agree. Great products but a horrible website.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Andy - these are wireless transmitters/receiver for remote viewing. We usually run a couple - 1 for the first ac to pull focus, 1 to the directors monitor, and 1 or 2 to video village. If you have ever used other brands like connex, teradek, etc, you probably have experience some signs drop outs or problems connecting. Vaxis has figured out how to make these units extremely easy to use and connect. They have 19 channels to choose from allowing multiple cameras outputting at the same time or the ability to find a strong channel in congested areas.

I think your referring to the REDucation video that you can’t find - they are not live yet. It was a private class last week but there is another one this week where I will be going over the kits. Red will provide a link Monday via social for rsvp.

Bob - will let them know your feedback on the website.

Thanks Keaton. Most of what I do is a much smaller production, typically by myself, but I like to take not of these kinds of things for when I take that next step up.

In regard to the website, a grid showing differences between products would be helpful. Tech specs. More explanation. Some of the graphics and text in the various "slide show" could/should be entire web pages. I'm a web designer. I'll build them a new website in exchange for free product :) I'm mostly joking about that last part.