Thread: Lomo Lens Coverage on 3.2k Alexa

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alex, I think that might be the older 22mm f2.8? Not sure.

Dan, I have found even Ultra Primes get a bit wonky in the corners at 3.2k, yeah. Honestly the level of vignetting with the 22mm at 3.2K is acceptable to me. It's bad, would probably result in a QC rejection, but I have low standards lol. The Lomos are nice, I was expecting a mess but the image is pretty nice and the apertures are almost perfectly round. But it is a "hard chop" as you would say.

The 18mm I think is a broken PL mount adapter, but elsewhere I've seen it vignettes more than the 22mm, and at a level I would find unacceptable, which is too bad as the 18mm Cooke Panchro is a stop faster and covers 3.2k.
    Last edited by Matt W.; 07-27-2020 at 08:52 AM.

It's a rehoused set, with native PL-Mount, someone told - by G.L. Optics, for a local rental house.
    The test wasn't shot by me, but by Vova Ivanov, who's also a local DP. I didn't have a chance to shoot anything yet with OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt W. View Post
    I have found even Ultra Primes get a bit wonky in the corners at 3.2k, yeah.
    is that what Dan means by 'illumination'? -- the corners are soft? I thought he meant the coating someone was depreciated?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt W. View Post
    The 18mm I think is a broken PL mount adapter, but elsewhere I've seen it vignettes more than the 22mm, and at a level I would find unacceptable, which is too bad as the 18mm Cooke Panchro is a stop faster and covers 3.2k.
    in vignetting are you saying the edges are soft?

The black hole is vignetting... I think anything else, you are just seeing 'too much' of the lens

I am interested in these lenses, they have a cool look... but, there're so many new lenses on the market now
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant