Thread: FCPX Workdflow

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Komodo files are not being read (or being able to import via Source Browser) in Avid MC either...I’ve been in contact with Red and Avid about this -waiting on the latest Red plugin to drop so I can incorporate footage into my existing timeline.

I can import and see the files perfectly, however, it is slow! I have a new iMac 2020 10 core, 64 RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB and it still crawls. Even tried proxies! Long work around.
    Scarlet-W

Rikki Rockett
    Slave To The Rhythm Productions, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Rockett View Post
    I can import and see the files perfectly, however, it is slow! I have a new iMac 2020 10 core, 64 RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB and it still crawls. Even tried proxies! Long work around.
    With Komodo footage and the latest FCPX? With that machine you should be able to playback R3Ds no problem in Better Performance mode.
    DSMC2 Gemini
    Komodo ST

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Rockett View Post
    I'm on a 2013 Trashcan Mac (6 core, 64gb RAM, 2x AMD D700 6GB) and the Komodo footage plays back smoothly in FCPX with grade and luts applied.

I can report that with the new Red plug in Komodo footage does work in the latest iteration of Avid Media Composer...sorry, I know this is an FCP thread but I didn’t feel the need to create a separate one since the post production handling of these files is a new world unto itself. But they know work alongside any other R3D files within MC.