Thread: Colourlab Ai - The first officially released video graded entirely using A

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. #1 Colourlab Ai - The first officially released video graded entirely using A 
    Colourlab Ai - The first officially released video graded entirely using Ai

ColourLab Ai
    https://colourlab.ai/colourlab-ai/

Color Intelligence - New Products Announcement Event

Mac only for Now

By Colour Training

Demo starts at about the 25:39 minute mark

Colourlab Ai – Color Grading with Artificial Intelligence

By CineD

Article
    https://www.cined.com/colourlab-ai--...-intelligence/

ShotDeck
    https://shotdeck.com/

Last edited by rand thompson; 09-09-2020 at 06:25 PM.

so it's $99 for the 1st 500 people per year for the 1st year, .. $1,000 a year after that?

C
    ---------------------------
    Curtis Boggs
    www.cboggs.com

Cinematographer-DP-Colorist
    Epic-W 8k (Spanky)
    Komodo 6k (baby)
    Sigma Cinema zoom set
    Leica-R Cine mod prime set
    Various other strange or vintage lenses

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    This could save a lot of people a lot of time and a lot of money.

This is something that is very easy these days for still images, although you could argue that you don't need it for still images in the first place. The way I like to shoot, my JPEGs are usually good to go with zero time wasted afterwards. Either way, it's impressive to see it done for video. I don't like the term 'AI' because software is software. But hey who cares right.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis boggs View Post
    so it's $99 for the 1st 500 people per year for the 1st year, .. $1,000 a year after that?

C
    Curtis,

Yes, $1000 per year or $99 a month if you just need it occasionally. The $99 for the first 500 people was over fairly qiuckly. If those first 500 people continue to give what the company feels is continual helpful feedback throughout the first year, they can get another year for $99.

Karim,

This software unlike other color correcting software that tries to match color between shots based on scopes, is designed to match shots based on human perception which Dado and his team have been working on for a few years now.

From 2018

AI & Machine Learning to Colour Grading

By On Set Facilities

Idk, seems like a lot of hype and literally none real examples, comparisons etc etc etc. AND - as usual - bring your money forward for almost no info.

To me seems like an overpriced item, especially if You think of it this way - instead of giving a job to a colorist, you're paying money to a business. I'll stick with a colorist.

This was meant for colorist, not to replace them. With colorist increasingly being asked to finish projects and meet deadlines in shorter amounts of time, this will make their lives easier and allow them the time to be more creative and productive with much less stress to produce quality work.

Truly talented seasoned colorists will see this as another tool to make their lives easier. Half-assed colorists whom have been getting away with poor work for years, will see this as a threat.

ColourLab's Founders and the Next Generation of Color Correction

By Colourlab Ai

Factory Driver: Nikola Stefanovic

By Colourlab Ai

Factory Driver: Mike Wolf

By Colourlab Ai

Factory Driver: Jamie LeJeune

By Colourlab Ai

Factory Driver: Roberto Negrón

By Colourlab Ai

Was the demo shot by Timur, by chance?

I wouldn't mind using an AI for normalization, but I'll wait until its integrated into/included with Resolve or FCPX or whatever (like it's not something I'd pay for). Tweaking and/or applying a creative look onto an otherwise "objectively/mathematically/ai" accurate/optimized base image seems like a nice way to save some time.

I think a lot of the benefit would be for less controlled shooting/mixed cameras/fast turn-around stuff. Like it'd be nice to single click a "match and make rec2020" to all the footage in the media pool (or on the timeline) and then have it auto-adjust each clip (regardless of camera or exposure or white balance) to something that matches accurately and looks decent.

I took the class with Dado. It's the real deal. I will say this though, it's early days. He clearly states that. However, this is not the same thing that you see in Resolve and other platforms. It's more advanced than that. But it will be 2-3 years before this is completely refined. But even as it stands right now, it can do an impressive job for things like matching dailies or creating primary grades. It's worth getting in on at the introductory pricing. It does require Mac Catalina to run.

Eventually, certain aspects of our professions will be done by AI. There is no getting around that. Especially the menial, time consuming tasks. We just have to adapt and place a huge emphasis on the creative value we bring to projects.That part of it won't change for some time. For example, AI will be able to do basic editing in the near future. But it won't be able to bring anywhere close to the human touch and nuance that we can. So, editors, colorists, visual effects artists aren't going to replaced, they'll just have to keep bringing their unique creative skills to the table. That's how I feel about this piece of software. It won't replace a colorist. It may help them have more time for creating if some of the primary work can be done quicker.
    Steve Sherrick