Thread: PLEASE RECOMMEND A GOOD COLOURIST IN SWEDEN ?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by William Long View Post
    Can you be more specific in how this remote grading is actually done? What are these remote capabilities in Resolve?
    DaVinci Resolve Reference manual, page 3228 "Introduction to remote grading". All explanation about the process is there and this capability had been part of the Resolve Studio for at least 10 years.
    Said that, there are now numerous other streaming solutions, that are much easier to implement.
    Jake Blackstone
    Colorist
    Los Angeles
    MOD Color Web Site
    Demo Reel

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wielage View Post
    I just finished a 3-week supervised feature session with the director in the room last month, and it was fine. The COVID masks were annoying, but it was his preference was to be there and personally see what I saw in a controlled environment, and we accomodated that request. We have a big room (about 350 square feet) so we were socially distanced with no problem. I think there are reasonable precautions everybody can take to still work traditionally.
    The risk of passing on COVID-19 from breathing all day with other people in the room even with masks on is just too great, but that just me...
    You say "it was fine". What was fine? Did you contact traced ALL people that came into contact with every participant in those sessions and tested them for Covid-19? Of coarse not, so you can't possibly say "it was fine".
    You do know, that ALL theaters in LA are still closed even with the proposed 25% occupancy and those theaters are way bigger than your tiny room? And when open, people usually spend only 90 minutes there, not three weeks...
    Jake Blackstone
    Colorist
    Los Angeles
    MOD Color Web Site
    Demo Reel

Thanks Jake, I'll look at the manual and then hunt for those 'other.. solutions' you speak about.

I'm sure Marc is careful, what he described sounds like common sense.