Thread: Hollyland Mars X - anyone else using it or tried it?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Hollyland Mars X - anyone else using it or tried it? 
    Hey all.
    I just recently got the Hollyland Mars X wireless video transmitter. I was wondering if any of you are also using it with your rigs on set.
    The reason why I am asking is because I also have the Hollyland 400s previous version and considering the low price of the Mars X . Im thinking time actually get another Mars X because it is pretty much doing the same thing as the 400s their more expensive version , but for only a fraction of the cost.
    I will also mention the latency tests I have done with the Mars X has been very close to very little latency .
    I have been using the Hollyland Mars X with my ipad and iPhone to view and monitor what’s in frame and what is in focus .
    The distance range that you can also get from the Mars X and your mobile device is also impressive.
    The HollyView app app seems to be a very useful and powerful app. I will mention that I noticed that not all th features are available with iPhone app. I noticed that the ipad allows all of the HollyView app features to work great as intended.

I just wanted to point this out and share with you all my experience so far with the Hollyland Mars X and the HollyView app.
    Comparing it to some of their more expensive models.
    Budget friendly , compact and built well.

If you have any feedback or suggestions or comments let me know.
    What device are you using your Hollyland gear with ?
    Have you been able to successfully perform some focus pulling while using the Hollyland wireless transmission systems ?

I will also mention that the Mars x does have internal batteries that will last approx 1.5 hours . But fortunately there is a type C input to power the unit for longer via a USB power bank or v mount battery .
    I have been using the internal battery and once that dies I will power it via my v mount battery or power bank depending on what rig I will be shooting with. Gimbal rig or tripod handheld rig.

Thanks guys
    Looking forward to also hearing your experience with Mars X and Hollyland gear.

Here is a video I published on YouTube reviewing the Mars X. Some tests and overall unboxing and review.

https://youtu.be/LEnjg51PxLQ

Peace

Wow, Hollyland marketing does seem to be really bad. While I do really own 400s, this kind of marketing is unacceptable. If anyone told you this kind of marketing post is going to work - stop doing it immediately, because it won't. The only thing you'll end up with is bad marketing and communication reputation.
    Last edited by Alex Lubensky; 09-29-2020 at 04:34 AM.

There is nothing to market.
    Im looking good share my experience and also get feedback from others that use their products.
    Which device are people using to successfully focus pull and have minimal latency for focus puller with directors rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Volpe View Post
    The reason why I am asking is because I also have the Hollyland 400s previous version and considering the low price of the Mars X .
    A week ago you have posted you're the 300Pro owner. So which one do you have - the 300Pro, MarsX, or 400s? Because I don't really get why someone would buy 3 different TX/RX systems, incompatible with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Volpe View Post
    There is nothing to market.
    Im looking good share my experience and also get feedback from others that use their products.
    Which device are people using to successfully focus pull and have minimal latency for focus puller with directors rig.
    I remember when I first saw the Hollyland units.....And I also remember seeing the latency and quickly forgetting about them.. I will stick with my Teradek's!!

I have all 3 units. 400s and Mars x and 300Pro. They all have different features. I started with the 400s first then I get the Mars x to just use with my mobile devices , iPhones and iPads . And just recently I bought the 300Pro. When you have multiple camera rigs you may buy some new gear for each rig to meet your needs . 400s has sdi connection and hdmi.
    Mars x is only for mobile devices . And now the 300Pro has the least amount of latency . Which is why I just bought the 300Pro.
    400s was a bit too much delay for focus pulling. The mars x is cool but can only work with mobile devices and it can limit you if you want to use a real monitor screen. And 300Pro has hdmi in and out and the latency is next to none. So far the 300Pro is my fav. And I have been able to manage to successfully focus pull with the Tilta nano and 300Pro.