Thread: RED/Angelbird Cfast 2.0 Card Not Mounting to my Mac.

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RED/Angelbird Cfast 2.0 Card Not Mounting to my Mac. 
    I recently purchased a red Komodo a few weeks ago. Along with my purchase I bought the red cfast card made by angelbird with the card reader. I shot a few things on the card at home and went to check it out on the computer to find out it wouldn’t mount. I updated my computer os as well thinking maybe that might be the issue still no luck. So I put the card back into the Komodo and still could see playback. Now I have purchased another card reader this time a angelbird from BH thinking maybe my problem was a faulty card reader. Still no luck. I just shot something yesterday for a client that I really need. Has anyone else had similar problems? And if so did you find a solution.

Hey Thomas,

I tried that as well. Your talking about the lock switch on the reader correct?

Yes, I guess it's the one right next to the plug but honestly I don't own one of Angelbirds cfast2.0 readers yet.
    I'm sorry to hear that it didn't fix your problem. Fortunately, the RedUser community is huge and maybe someone else knows how to solve it.

My Angelbird 4x 1TB cards just showed up today, 8 weeks after I ordered them. I'm using a Sonnet TB3 CFast 2.0 card reader. I'm having nothing but trouble with both my desktop (OSX Catalina) and laptop (OSX Big Sur). Komodo formats the cards just fine. When I try to mount on my Catalina system, they rarely show up. They do show up on my Big Sur system, but the Mac corrupts them if I try to do anything at all (or just leave them in a while). When I pop them back into the Komodo, I see an error message and an invitation to "Scan and Fix". Which often doesn't fix and I have to reformat.

How can something so simple (moving media from camera to computer) be so hard? Could it be the Sonnet reader is fundamentally broken? The Angelbird cards? Two different versions of OSX and their implementations of exFAT?
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

I’m using an angelbird 1tb card and angelbird reader to a Mac via usb-c and my initial test is working as expected. I had to update red cine to read the file but apart from that it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by M Hsu View Post
    I’m using an angelbird 1tb card and angelbird reader to a Mac via usb-c and my initial test is working as expected. I had to update red cine to read the file but apart from that it worked fine.
    It's been a complete bust for me. Maybe the Angelbird card reader is a better choice than the Sonnet. The Sonnet mini-mag readers have been great. But I've never had a more frustrating six hours with cameras, computers, and cards than I have today. And I've been a Red User since early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tiemann View Post
    It's been a complete bust for me. Maybe the Angelbird card reader is a better choice than the Sonnet. The Sonnet mini-mag readers have been great. But I've never had a more frustrating six hours with cameras, computers, and cards than I have today. And I've been a Red User since early days.
    Were you able to solve this? We've just shot an entire corporate project on 2 x 1TB Angelbird cards and they won't mount to our Macs. Horrible experience considering the cost of the cards. Never had issues with our Transcend cards before.
    Billy Cano - Director, Founder - Austin
    Corte
    cortevideo.com
    @cortevideo

I sorted this out by buying an Angelbird reader. It worked the first time, the last time, and every time. I think Sonnet needs to look hard at their design, which is not at all up to scratch with the 2.88W requirement of the 1TB cards.

Thank you, I'm likely to do the same.
    Billy Cano - Director, Founder - Austin
    Corte
    cortevideo.com
    @cortevideo