Thread: Apple TV+ Tiny World BTS Shot on RED

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Having watched more of this, I would love to learn more about how the sound design was done. Sound is super well done and fits the imagery so well.
    DSMC2 Gemini
    Komodo ST

Quote Originally Posted by andrewhake View Post
    Having watched more of this, I would love to learn more about how the sound design was done. Sound is super well done and fits the imagery so well.
    Thatís a really good point. The sound was so realistic I hadnít even taken time to notice how hard it must have been to achieve that level of realism on such a small scale. I wonder if they used traditional Foley techniques to fill in the gaps?

Quote Originally Posted by michael zaletel View Post
    That’s a really good point. The sound was so realistic I hadn’t even taken time to notice how hard it must have been to achieve that level of realism on such a small scale. I wonder if they used traditional Foley techniques to fill in the gaps?
    I think most of the audio is foley yeah. They did it nice and stylized to make it interesting. I am sure they captured a lot of good audio on set but no way you are going to get that nice hummingbird hum and water droplet sounds and what not. They did a really good job with the sound design to help make the shots even more interesting.

I like how they build up some drama with each of the "characters" but all the main characters always come out ahead in the end haha. There are so many amazing shots it legitimately has better cinematography than any fully animated fluffy animals film.
    DSMC2 Gemini
    Komodo ST

Had the pleasure of working on this series as a DP for much of 2019. I primarily used my Dragon X, but occasionally used a Gemini. It was treat to be able to have time to create a new perspective. Just one of a big team!

My typical kit included
    RED Dragon X, Nikon mount with stills lenses 18-35mm (sigma), 25, 55 macro, 85, 105 macro, 120-300mm (sigma) and of course the incredible PL mounted Canon CN20 (50-1000mm)

For support I use a Miller DS50 (100mm) or a DS60 (150mm)
    Power- Anton Bauer Gold mounts and Hypercore batteries

If they aren't out yet, should be more episodes coming soon.

David
    https://www.expeditioncamera.com/
    David Wright
    DP / Producer
    www.expeditioncamera.com