Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Komodo (Production) has finally landed.

Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Exciting times!!!
    Congratulations to the Movers of Mountains!
    I'm happy to hear that demand for the baby Dragon is so overwhelming :)
    Woke up one morning a few days ago and my Stormtrooper was asking for a baby sister...
    So I reached out to the RED Team and asked for one.
    ST84 is asking excitedly when it's gonna get here but I keep saying that patience is a virtue.
    It will get here once all the others have found a home first.
    Meanwhile we've gone shopping as it's black Friday weekend and there's lots of toys to be had!
    Gear up while we wait!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Quote Originally Posted by Joost de jonge View Post
    I believe the 60 day window closes at friday december 11th 2020.
    Jarred - is it possible for us to get an extension on that deadline so it's a 90-day window instead?

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanLeahy View Post
    Jarred - is it possible for us to get an extension on that deadline so it's a 90-day window instead?
    You can't even order it now because of high demand. If you order now, it might even take you past a 90-day window before you actually pay. In any case, why don't you contact Red directly and ask about availability? I would assume if you start this process now the deal would be honored even if the process takes far beyond the date.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Jarred can we still use hydrogen discount and order one right now??

Quote Originally Posted by Kemalettin Sert View Post
    Jarred can we still use hydrogen discount and order one right now??
    I'll probably p**s off Jarred permanently - but I have to say that the lack of communication and clarity regarding the Hydrogen fiasco and the deflection of responsibility from the company that I believe and believed we were ordering it from has been one of the biggest clusterf***s I have seen in almost 40 years in the industry and having dealt with almost every major company at both high and low levels. I've had a few missteps over that 40 years so maybe the pot calling the kettle black, but also didn't have hundreds of millions in revenue to utilize.

My main frustration is that I just don't get the thinking behind how it has been handled - unless there was fear of a huge class action that would bankrupt the company. But as much as Hydrogen was a massive marketing failure and major letdown to most that bought it and the abandonment made it worse - it doesn't seem like it was that bad in a legal sense - and RED certainly seems to have substantial legal representation.

It also seems like RED could have reclaimed a lot of good feeling by giving the Hydrogen owners first dibs on the Stormtroopers or whatever those early models were called, or even better, given us a $1000 store credit for any RED product rather than just toward Komodo (since supposedly whatever entity Hydrogen came from was funding the $1000 so what difference would it make how it was spent and if Red has normal manufacturing margins that would cost RED about $250 so would make a profit on it). Instead we were given a deadline that ended before the Komodo is even readily available or fully operational (i.e. RF lens support - seems like limited functionality beta support was announced the day after our deadline).

Again, I just don't understand it - how hard is a little basic communication - here or via email?

Michael honestly i dont even know how to order Komodo from Red website.It says not in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemalettin Sert View Post
    Michael honestly i dont even know how to order Komodo from Red website.It says not in stock.
    Because you can't any more. Jarred told us that Red was disabling direct preorders, so you'll have to go through one of the resellers to order one.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

8. #118 RED Hydrogen Discount 
    You could and still can purchase a Komodo directly from RED through a RED rep even after the Komodo purchase button was removed from the website and get the Hydrogen discount. Problem is the rules that were stated about the discount aren't as simple. Apparently you do not only need the phone's IMEI number and photos of the phone in your possession but you also need the original purchase receipt dating back to 2017 (if you preordered one, that's the year it was purchased), not just the IMEI number. Contacted them on Dec 4 and still waiting for the discount.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanLeahy View Post
    I second that request. Mostly because it's Christmas and I'm poor.

I have the expiry date in my calendar as Dec 18, but I can't remember where I saw that date.

I've contacted RED sales team direct too.

Here is the reply I just got frrom RED:

Unfortunately the deadline for the Hydrogen discount did expire on the the 12/12/2020 and is now closed, there was a post on REDuser on the 6th October by Jarred regarding the 60 Day window for purchase and how to process the discount on RED.com.