Thread: IPP2

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Part 1

REDCINE-X CDL to DAVINCI RESOLVE Workflow

CDL is short for ASC CDL

The American Society of Cinematographers Color Decision List(ASC CDL) is a format for the exchange of basic primary color grading information between equipment and software from different manufacturers. The format defines the math for three functions: Slope, Offset and Power. Each function uses a number for the red, green, and blue color channels for a total of nine numbers comprising a single color decision. A tenth number, Saturation, specified in the Version 1.2 release, applies to the R, G, and B color channels in combination.

REDCINE-X

1)Create a look in the "CDL" Palette. The Look below was made from a 4200K and 800 ISO setting.

2)Next, "EXPORT" the CDL Grade to your desired location

Last edited by rand thompson; 10-25-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Part 2

DAVINCI RESOLVE

I'll Use a "DAVINCI YRGB COLOR MANAGED" Workflow for this example

1) In the "GALLERY" area in the "COLOR" Page, "IMPORT" the "CDL". You'll have to select "CDL FILES" so that it will be visible in the location which you stored it.

Last edited by rand thompson; 10-25-2020 at 12:10 AM.

Part 3

2)Now Apply the "Skin Purple" CDL. You will notice that unlike a LUT which only gives you the Final Image look, The CDL gives you the translated PRIMARIES from REDCINE-X to be further modified if you wished to.

Last edited by rand thompson; 10-25-2020 at 12:04 AM.

Davinci Resolve 17

Sometimes I like the Tone-Mapping of the new "Davinci" "Input DRT" and "Output DRT" and sometimes I like the Tone-Mapping of IPP2. Now, if I want to "By-Pass" the "Davinci" Tone-Mapping and use the Tone-Mapping of "IPP2" I can do it in the Same Project.

Edit:
    I forgot to add the "RED" Camera Raw project settings so that these Color Management settings work as they should.

I "Bypassed" the "Davinci" Color Management in the first Red .R3D and kept it in the Last Red R3D file

I Bypassed "Davinci" I-DRT and O-DRT with IPP2 High Con/Very Soft Transform Lut in the first Red R3D file.

I used the Project's "Davinci" I-DRT and O-DRT on the second Red .R3D file

Last edited by rand thompson; 01-21-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Davinci Resolve 17

You can do the Reverse with an "IPP2" Project with the Last Red .R3D file using a "OFX Color Space Transform" to change it to "Davinci" Tone-Mapping.

Edit:
    I forgot to add the "RED" Camera Raw project settings so that these Color Management settings work as they should.

Last edited by rand thompson; 01-21-2021 at 08:01 AM.